Satellite Wierd stuff

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am in a real fringe reception area guys and see lots of strange stuff with satellites, but i got to share this one with you.
It was today at 10.43 UK time that the sun passed directly behind the satellite cluster at astra2 28degrees for my area. I use a very large prime focus dish which means that at between 10.38 to 10.48 the sun was directly in line with the very centre and prime focus aimed with the dish, that make sense?? in other words my dish was looking directly at the sun and the lnb was catching a great intense sun tan for 10 mins. Well i've heard of lnb's burning out due to this but mine was fine. However, I began losing the weaker channels at 10.38 and at first didnt realise what was happening, then medium strength chans started going and its then i had realisation, then at around 10.43 all satellite signals had gone- no satellite signal on every channel. Suddenly, by magic the stronger ones began to appear, then a very slow fade in of mid strength channels until eventually the weaker ones began to appear and all back to normal at 10.48 uk time.
LNB lasted the intense tanning and i have to add it at the top of my list of extreme wierd stuff i've witnessed here.: shocked2

Wonder how many others in this area it happened to, and wonder how many calls i'll get tomorrow for replacement lnb's.:Laugh:

I thought you was going to tell us you had contact with someone 'out there'...........intense tanning? Do you know how much it costs for 10 mins in a stand up booth?? :)

chrome

sometimes it's worth moving the prime just a smigdin so it misses the sun's direct path, next time you may not be so lucky

Hi pinkhelmet, this has happened here in sunny torquay, on large dishes, and if they are white rather than black.:flame: :Angryfire :Wave:

Back