satellite broadband+DM-800

psham

Member ++
Reaction score
is it possible to use the DM-800 with two way satellite broadband or does it have to be adsl?

Last edited:
When you say "use" what do you want to work? Just internet download, like adding cams/addons, or include cardsharing, or include LAN sharing, etc?

If your vsat equipment has the ethernet port required and your subcription allows for an extra pc (many dont) then you can likely set your internet access. As for sharing over sat network, many cards will be fine but there is more initial delay with satellite so expect more bit-errors & break-up. That may depend more on server, load, and other variables -the uk card will likely be the most unstable.

Satellite broadband is just too expensive and too limited imho, can you not use Mobile Broadband instead? Or are we not talking about uk?
#> Draytek router, ethernets for full LAN, 3G Mobile broadband connection, pay-as-you-go (not directly traceable), no long time lags, no limit on pc/sat units, no huge dish, your own mobile wifi hotspot, and best of all save many hundreds of pounds! :) My kinda technology....... ggggghhghghghhhhh <homer impression>
_www.draytek.co.uk

When you say "use" what do you want to work? Just internet download, like adding cams/addons, or include cardsharing, or include LAN sharing, etc?

If your vsat equipment has the ethernet port required and your subcription allows for an extra pc (many dont) then you can likely set your internet access. As for sharing over sat network, many cards will be fine but there is more initial delay with satellite so expect more bit-errors & break-up. That may depend more on server, load, and other variables -the uk card will likely be the most unstable.

Satellite broadband is just too expensive and too limited imho, can you not use Mobile Broadband instead? Or are we not talking about uk?
#> Draytek router, ethernets for full LAN, 3G Mobile broadband connection, pay-as-you-go (not directly traceable), no long time lags, no limit on pc/sat units, no huge dish, your own mobile wifi hotspot, and best of all save many hundreds of pounds! :) My kinda technology....... ggggghhghghghhhhh <homer impression>
_www.draytek.co.uk

Unfortunately where i am in ireland it has to be 2 way sat broadbad this is the best option i have.. believe me i've tried them all. lol.
I have a separate dish for my tv.
I have my bb sat modem plugged into a netgear wireless router and was going to plug a dm800 into one of the ports on the router for internet access.

I was asking the question with regards to cardsharing as there is a latency delay with my bband, and some encryption changing keys regularly, would it affect my ability to view some channels??

Most encryptions will work afaik, like nagra, viacess, irdeto, but I am not sure about uk cards. I think if the server is already heavily used it wont work due to too much delay, but if its a clean connection with just a few users it could still work? The only answer is to try, or maybe someone else will confirm their results?

Back