satellite alignment help

treats

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

While its a nice day today i decided to get on the roof and try to align the dish better as signal was only 60% on 28.2e and some HD channels have been breaking up.
Also as the dish moved from East to west the signal became less and less on each satellite.
I'm finding it really hard if at all to align the dish up to 0.8w.
I have the motor pointing South and using the settings from Satpointer.com

When the advised latitude from multimap or satpointer is set on the motor it just doesnt line up with any sats at all. it has to be elevated, but then it doesnt seem to follow the line of satelites.

The mounting pole is plum, everything looks spot on.

On satpointer it gives the Settings for dish elevation aswell as latitude, does the dish need to be elevated on its own bracket attached to the motor pole?
As i have this all square at the moment.

I.E - Set the lat on the motor and also set the dish elevation on the dish bracket?

Anyone in Merseyside area not busy... its doing my head in, even with the two sat meters i have..... it just doesnt follow the line of sats :-(

Thanks

if it doesnt follow the line of sats
the dish or pole isnt plumb

what size dish do u have??

its a 1m dish. something isnt right.

Might take it all down and start again.

its a 1m dish. something isnt right.

Might take it all down and start again.
check it is plumb in more than 1 plain

meaning move the spirit level aroung the pole it has to be perfect or as close as vertical

if it leans ever so slightly to left or right or back or forward

imaging if it is 1/8th of an inch out the sats are 22,223 miles away from you work out how far ur dish would be off and then moving from east to west and vice-versa can put ur dish out by many many miles

Set the elevation on the motor and tighten it up and do not change it,
you can leave the dish elevation bracket loose and tweak it up and down as well as the usual side to side tweak m8.

Back