Satalite Help

m403pp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone - just after some advice - have just bought a campervan that has a satalite dish on the roof, and has the SKY box/reciver attached to it, I can purchase the freeview sky card but woundered what a Dreambox500s might offer, or not, against the freeview card from Sky, would anyone recommend the Dreambox500s it's size is attractive as space is a luxury and also was looking at converting to DC feed for use on the leisure batteries , can also pickup other satilites as the dish can be moved easily - any advice much appricated

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
the only way a dm500s would be beneficial over the official sky box would be if you had a broadband feed to the caravan which is very unlikely

id go for a freesat box for caravan

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Surely it is possible to use the S*y freeview card in the Dm500S and if you are not bothered about just recieving the free channels than I can't see why you would need broadband. Also if his dish is big enough it should also be able to recieve free foreign channels so I would have thought it was probably better to go for the Dm500S.

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
if using the 500 and a sat card with say cccam you will get all the chans there freesat card gives you also it will update with cccam so no need to put it back in a sky box to update if it was me i would go for the 500 or some thing like it as you can always use it for othere sats if you want

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
I agree with tel ewestum, whats the point in losing the epg and simplicity of a standard box to go for a not so stable or simple dm500? Everyone has different opinions but we are talking about caravan use. I'd go for the epg, simplicity & stability.

TEST