sata?????

What drive do you have.

I would say hitachi it should work.

But with sammys or benQs you need a VIA sata chipset.

Unless you have seen elsewere that it is possible.

if they work that would be ideal, think ill look into this too but tbh ive done all 3 types using my motherboard with a nividia chipset unless im lucky other chipsets may do the trick trial and error i guess.

It seems you have confused me ol' mate manutd4life lads lol.

He was looking for a yes/no to whether anyone knows if this particular esata express card will work.

there are lots of stories around that this drive and that drive can't be flashed using notebooks/laptops using an esata II express card but if you have a good read around there are also stories where peeps claim they've done it.

I have recently read a post wheras someone claims they flashed a sammy drive using an esata II express card with the jmb 360 chipset. I had already found a card that uses this chipset before I read the post so it looks as if it may be the answer for those of you that are wanting to flash their drive using a notebook/laptop. You can find the card here...

h**p://www.usbnow.co.uk/PCMCIA,_Express_&_PCI_Cards-Express_Cards/c7_28/p381/EXTREME_eSATAII_Express_Card_Adapter/product_info.html

You may well find it cheaper elsewhere...I don't know cos I didn't really bother to look any further in all honesty lol.

Just remember that if you are going to attempt using this type of card then your sata cable will need the esata I type connection one end and sata type L connection the other ;) ...like this one here...

h**p://www.cable-trader.co.uk/item.php?iid=1078

Will it work... I dont know but someone thinks it will and they say they've done it so I guess its as good a place as any to start if you dont have access to a desktop or just want the mobility of using a notebook/laptop.

Good luck folks :)

cheers matey, you are gonna kill me like because i have now decided to do it through the pc rather than the lappy. lol. i have a free slot on my pc that i may aswell use. do pc world and the likes do them cheapish or are they robbing b@stards? plus wil they sell the sata leads im looking for?
cheers

cheers matey, you are gonna kill me like because i have now decided to do it through the pc rather than the lappy. lol. i have a free slot on my pc that i may aswell use. do pc world and the likes do them cheapish or are they robbing b@stards? plus wil they sell the sata leads im looking for?
cheers

You are fookin' kiddin' me aren't you? :eek: lol... I thought you didnt have a desktop :grrrr: You're gonna find things much easier using a desktop as I said in the first place....You're a nightmare mate lol.

will this do, if not can someone point me in the right direction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260264119710&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

cheers

Like dave said mate...that will do the job...best to stick with the via6421 chipset. Theres quite a few threads on here with regards to the sata cards.... this is the one I've posted a link to previously

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/VT6421A-PORT-SATA-SERIAL-CONTROLLER/dp/B000MR7SNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206569167&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/VT6421A-PORT-SATA-SERIAL-CONTROLLER/dp/B000MR7SNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1206569167&sr=8-1[/ame]

The card itself is actually slightly more expensive than the one you found on ebay but not when you add the shipping ;) This one from amazon actually works out cheaper in the end as the shipping for it is only 99p mate.

@ dave, cheers mate

@mx, ermmmm im sure i said id prefer to use the lappy but then when i found there is an empty slot i thought i may aswell use that on the pc instead.lol. well it kept you busy for a while. lol. might order that and the leads tonight then. so prepare yourself for loads more questions. lol.
cheers

make sure you get a decent length sata cable,i got the 1 metre length one

Back