CD & DVD Sat nav DVD

Recodes

Reaction score
Hi I have a sat nav in my vw golf and the map DVD is scratched... I have a friend who has the same disc is there any way of copying this and what burner could I use.
the dealer wants £200 for a disc which is a rip off.

Just reading this old thread as it's a subject of interest to me. For anyone trying this pls ensure to use VERBATIM branded DVD+R DL discs. these used to be made in Singapore but now they are made in UAE. If you use other dual layer discs (for example Ritek) the disc may work but may ultimately end up giving read errors after some time. Seriously do not be tempted by cheaper discs, the DVD drive in your car won't like it.

Just reading this old thread as it's a subject of interest to me. For anyone trying this pls ensure to use VERBATIM branded DVD+R DL discs. these used to be made in Singapore but now they are made in UAE. If you use other dual layer discs (for example Ritek) the disc may work but may ultimately end up giving read errors after some time. Seriously do not be tempted by cheaper discs, the DVD drive in your car won't like it.

I use to burn newest discs for myself and few friends for Honda sat nav. Those were all DL DVD+R. I tried few brands and Verbatim weren't any better than some no-names. Most of them gave some errors after some time. The important factor was the recorder used. It was all spread thru few years so I had a chance to try it on few dvd recorders. Some of them were significantly better than others.

I use to burn newest discs for myself and few friends for Honda sat nav. Those were all DL DVD+R. I tried few brands and Verbatim weren't any better than some no-names. Most of them gave some errors after some time. The important factor was the recorder used. It was all spread thru few years so I had a chance to try it on few dvd recorders. Some of them were significantly better than others.

Thanks for this knowledge rafalekz. Can you recommend a burner? I too need to burn a new HONDA Nav disc for myself.

I've had most luck with LG - no Blue-ray model, just DVDRW recorder. I cannot check the exact model as I'm on my laptop now.

I've got a Ford Galaxy that has the Blaupunkt NX sat nav in, wondered if disks were copyable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back