Sat DBox issues?

Ferg469

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought myself a Cable Dbox . Over the moon. received pre installed with Boxenroller 1.7+ 05. No probs.

I'm now thinking of getting a DBox for Satelllite. Are there any issues in using them compared to a cable box? More specifically can the Satellite companies detect the usage of a box if I do not subscribe to a Sat package? Appreciating what has been said, in other threads, about Cable companies being able to monitor their signal, and thus advice, to err on the side of caution, is to subscribe to a minimum package.

Cheers

You wont be able to get free sky digital from the UK if thats your intention - but there are free to air channels available on other european satellites. Because they're free to air then you wont need to subscribe to a minimum package.

I have a cryo pro ultra 1X image for a sat box if you want it. Can't be converted to a 2X though.
It is ready to go.
I have only bothered with a few french movie channels that have english streams but there are over a 1000 channels on hotbird 13.0, you can't decode anything with nds s#y, s@y italia etc.
If you into football :puke: tpsfoot shows lots of english football.

Have Fun

might be a thread on it own .. but does any one know if you can get premiere "free" .. the german sky equivalent?
btw most of german tv is free to air on sat .. if i rember correct astra does it, all digital. some of the channels send movies out in original ton and german ..

thx for the offer Ellie.

Think I'll stick to cable Dbox. Looks like its gonna be less hassle.

Cheers 4 ur input guys.

I havn't been able to decode it with my sat dbox, I think that is on 19b2 not hotbird but not 100% I just know it didn't decode for me
I get the tps movies/sport, multivision films a few news channels and m6 music channels.
There are loads but I'm only interested in English

Have Fun

cooltool said:
might be a thread on it own .. but does any one know if you can get premiere "free" .. the german sky equivalent?

No, its not possible. Premiere exchanged the scrambling system in 2003.

ellie1998 said:
I have a cryo pro ultra 1X image for a sat box if you want it. Can't be converted to a 2X though.
It is ready to go.
I have only bothered with a few french movie channels that have english streams but there are over a 1000 channels on hotbird 13.0, you can't decode anything with nds s#y, s@y italia etc.
If you into football :puke: tpsfoot shows lots of english football.
Have Fun

allright mate if possible can you please post the image (2x) thanks :)

Back