Saorview Interference Problems In Ireland

erinville

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a neighbour who recently purchased a Walker Saorview Approved TV. Everything runs fine until the pub next door opens at 5.30pm. It's shortly after that that her picture starts to roll & the sound also goes. She also had problems in the past under the analogue system whenever the pub held a Karaoke night. The music used to come out on her TV. The owner of the pub actually saw the interference a few days ago but is doing nothing to try & trace the source of the problem. The installer also called & said that she is getting a 100% signal. However, he was not there when things started going wrong. He then connected a Walker Saorview box to the TV & the picture was fine. This was before 5.30pm. Lo & behold when the pub opened this evening the problems returned. I was thinking that if she purchased a satellite dish & Saorsat receiver would the interference be gone?
I look forward to your input.

how is the tv getting a signal from a plug in powered aerial or external aerial,sounds like it is picking up something it is not suppose to.

The TV is getting its signal from her outside UHF aerial. I have since found out that her cable is around 40 years old. Therefore, no shielding. I have suggested to her to tell the installer to replace this cable with a shielded co ax cable.

The TV is getting its signal from her outside UHF aerial. I have since found out that her cable is around 40 years old. Therefore, no shielding. I have suggested to her to tell the installer to replace this cable with a shielded co ax cable.

Tbh any decent installer would have replaced the cable,but I'm guessing he didnt so he can blame the cable in the future when things go wrong ;)

A new installer came today & put up a new UHF aerial & used proper co ax cable. Everything is perfect now except on the only HD channel (RTE 2). Just a few specks on the screen, but if you press 2 (RTE 2) on the remote control a second time the specks disappear.

goes to show older stuff well outdated and improved viewing can now resume.glad you got sorted.

All digital TV receivers have to have screened co ax cable similar to that used on satellite systems, both to reduce interference and signal loss.

That explains why my signal quality is bad. Thanks for the info

Back