SanDisk unveils tiny Cruzer Blade USB drive

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Diminutive storage device reaches capacity of 16GB

SanDisk has launched a USB Flash drive which it claims is no bigger than a paper clip and as light as a penny.

The Cruzer Blade is designed to be used as a keychain accessory or smartphone dongle, but should appeal to the business market thanks to its high storage capacities of 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB.

SanDisk said that a 4GB USB Flash drive translates to about 1,000 music tracks, 1,200 high resolution images or eight hours of video. That should extrapolate to hundreds of thousands of PowerPoint slides.

"At half the size of some other USB drives, our compact Cruzer Blade provides consumers with highly portable storage at great value," said Kent Perry, director of retail product marketing at SanDisk.

"The drive lets users transfer their digital data quickly between computers, and delivers a storage boost to devices such as netbooks that often need additional memory but are difficult to upgrade easily."

The Cruzer Blade is available from SanDisk's online retail store starting at £7 for the 2GB version and rising to £40 for the 16GB model.

Source

I got one of those from argos 6 months ago, its OK but ive managed to lose it now, also the usb end is plasticy and feels quite cheap

Slow news day over at V3? As mentioned these have been out a while, got mine back in April.

File transfers are not as quick as my Cruzer Micros (4Gb U3 and 8Gb skin) or 8Gb Titanium Cruzer. Still it was the cheapest 16Gb flash drive at the time so cannot complain too much.

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2267230/sandisk-unveils-smallest-usb said:
...no bigger than a paper clip...
Perhaps when it's actually in the USB port...
blade.jpg

these are bang on, very small, but made of metal and plastic mold. absolutely solid and appear completely waterproof (i wouldnt try it thoug)

have a few of em

803325-a.jpg

My non waterproof Samsung USB, and some unbranded thing from China have both been through the washing machine, and both lived to tell the tale, no harm done at all.

Back