Samsung TAG points damaged - Target comms error

deldoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Lo chaps. Trying to jtag a sammy. However someone before has soldered a jtag to it to read the keys off. The box has a MOSC and cant read keys off card and box was off trader who has disappeared, so no other way to get BK.

Hasnt been written on box anywhere, and no atr on card.

So opened box to try jtag it. But am getting Target Communications Error - PC to target cable disconnected.

The points that have been soldered to are not that bad. The little solder bumps like an un-touched box are not there. They have been slightly blunted and are dull.

So connect as normal and get the error. JTAG is perfect as I just got an untouched sammy and jtagged it and got BK and ird.

Any ideas? Im using tmc solderless JTAG. Ive taken the main board off, but if I connect the JTAG from underneath its obviusly a mirror refection and I will need to rip apart my JTAG are re-align the pins.

Dont really wanna do that cos I might bugger the jtag up completely.

Any other possible solutions? Box is fine, get FTA. Just not a good connection.

Lo chaps. Trying to jtag a sammy. However someone before has soldered a jtag to it to read the keys off. The box has a MOSC and cant read keys off card and box was off trader who has disappeared, so no other way to get BK.

Hasnt been written on box anywhere, and no atr on card.

So opened box to try jtag it. But am getting Target Communications Error - PC to target cable disconnected.

The points that have been soldered to are not that bad. The little solder bumps like an un-touched box are not there. They have been slightly blunted and are dull.

So connect as normal and get the error. JTAG is perfect as I just got an untouched sammy and jtagged it and got BK and ird.

Any ideas? Im using tmc solderless JTAG. Ive taken the main board off, but if I connect the JTAG from underneath its obviusly a mirror refection and I will need to rip apart my JTAG are re-align the pins.

Dont really wanna do that cos I might bugger the jtag up completely.

Any other possible solutions? Box is fine, get FTA. Just not a good connection.

Do you have a soldering iron? If so try and clean the contacts up and even them out with a little solder.

Cheers mate will give that a go on monday. The irons at work.

Get yourself a piece of braid, heat up with soldering iron and remove all excess solder. Clean with meths or similar and try again-I have done this on a pace before which had loads of solder on points and it worked a treat.

Trouble is, the previous butcher has probably lifted off the pads from the board when removing the JTAG wires.
You can deffo fix it by fitting wire pins through the holes and soldering both sides, leaving a blob of soledr on the topside for the pogo pins to make contact with.
Failing that make up a new lead to the TMC jtag and solder the wires underneath... :(

Back