Mobile Phones Samsung S8+ Not connecting to car

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Having had a S6 for some time I decided to upgrade to an S8+ but now I can't use it in my car.

My car has an 3rd party Chinese dvd player/sat nav unit running on Android 5 and it had no problem pairing to my S6.

When I try with the S8+ is says "connecting" but I never get the pop up to enter the pin and it doesn't connect.

I did read an article that said to pair it in safe mode, which worked, but after rebooting into normal mode it still wouldn't connect.

Any thoughts?

And to stay on the same subject the mrs now has a nice shiny S6 handmedown :) and it won't pair to the Pioneer Avic 920BT in her forester, where as her old Sony phone had no problems.

I am thinking that the blutooth version in the S8+ (being bluethooth 5) doesn't like the version in my car, the the same with the S6 and the mrs car as the Pioneer unit is quite old.

cheers

What Car Captain seems a lot of issues with this

The car I have is a 2005 Mercedes A class, but it's not the original radio and the car the mrs has is a 2011 Subaru Forester but again it's not the original radio. Both cars are NOT equipped with bluetooth themselves. I am trying to pair my phone to the radio in my car and the mrs phone to the radio in her car.

I bought a blutooth receiver thing that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket when the wifes sammy wouldnt work in the car. it tuned into a radio staion an dplayed all music therough car speakers and calls worked fine? dont know if thats a help till samsung fix the problems

My S8+ connects fine to 4/5 yr old Garmin Sat/Nav with no issues

I bought a blutooth receiver thing that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket when the wifes sammy wouldnt work in the car. it tuned into a radio staion an dplayed all music therough car speakers and calls worked fine? dont know if thats a help till samsung fix the problems

I have used them in the past, at the moment I'm using a bluetooth hands free gadget that clips to the visor. I never listen to the radio as I cannot stand anyone yabbering on whilst I'm trying to listen to music, plus I like to play music of my choice not stuff that being fed to me. :) The mrs on the other hand listens to XFM where the playlist lasts around an hour before repeating constantly.

Thanks Tamarc for the reply, I'm not sure if the issue is that the S8+ is running on Android and so is my radio but an older version. I have been reading that the many S8 & S8+ owners are having difficulties with bluetooth. Probably because Samsung decided to go with version 5 and nobody else has caught up yet.

Back