Phone Unlocking Samsung J600 - keeps rebooting after flash.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
A few months ago I reflashed my Samsung J600 with alternative firmware and everything was fine, then (since i can't leave anything alone) I decided to reflash it with another firmware.

Everything went well and i made a call from it but then the phone reset itself and rebooted, after the reboot i couldn't use the numberpad but i could use all the other menu buttons etc, so i could make a call but only if the number existed in my phone book, I also found that i could create text messages so the key pad WAS working but only when i went into the sms application.

I then decided to reflash it with the original firmware i had used but the phone is still doing the same crazy shit, it reboots randomly and i cannot type in a phone number, it also takes a few key presses to switch the thing on, sometimes it doesn't swich on at all, even though the battery is fully charged.

Woe is me!

Thanks for the very kind offer mate :)

Is there anything I could try myself 1st mate?

think it difo a flash prob ...but i have known ribbon fault will stop keypad from working ....make sure you have right fw as there is a j600-E

Once you have flashed, try doing a custom reset too... Im not too sure which software/equipment your using, however there should be a reset option somewhere :)

If you dont get anywhere with it, just pm me if you like and we should be able to sort it out for you

think it difo a flash prob ...but i have known ribbon fault will stop keypad from working ....make sure you have right fw as there is a j600-E

If it were a ribbon cable then surely I wouldn't be able to write SMS texts?

Yes mate, it is the correct 'E' flavour. :)

Once you have flashed, try doing a custom reset too... Im not too sure which software/equipment your using, however there should be a reset option somewhere :)

If you dont get anywhere with it, just pm me if you like and we should be able to sort it out for you

Wow, another kind gent, thanks for the offer mate :)

I'm just using the standard USB data cable and some software I grabbed online, I can't remember the name of it :) I'm sure I did the custom reset as it was included in the tutorial i used.

I'll grab all the software again and verify that I'm definately using 100% compatble firmware and try it again, now where did i put that usb lead?????

Back