Samsung 50" Widescreen Plasma £674.99

That's an excellent deal. We got this one at Christmas for £900.
I love the TV, but it does screen burn very easily.

Its for £749.99 now :(

Sorry, just noticed the 10% discount

nah our 50" sammy has screen burn from the 360 been left on the menu, wont move at all

The screen burn on mine has opnly been temporary, normally with something like the football score lasting a minute after changing channels etc etc.
I could quite believe a more permanent screen burn if an image was left on the screen for very long periods.

Can someone give me some decent colour/contrast/brightness etc settings for this tv coz I just can't get a decent picture at all on my dads.

It's either too bright, too colourful, too dull, too soft, too sharp :(

My dad paid £999.95 for this tv 2 months ago.

I get a good picture just putting it in standard mode.

All the presets are utter garbage.

Standard mode is far too bright and colourful.

Got to say, it's a gorgeous looking tv but the picture quality is total gash compared to my 50" Sagem DLP.

All the presets are utter garbage.

Standard mode is far too bright and colourful.

Got to say, it's a gorgeous looking tv but the picture quality is total gash compared to my 50" Sagem DLP.

download yourself a copy of thx optimisation disc m8 it is also sometimes on some dvd's i use that to calibrate my tv.

just run it follow the onscreen instructions and then see how it is.

btw if it is a plasma they require 2000 hour burn in time before using optimum settings. refer to your manual for more details.

also the picture depends on the signal too sometimes if its a crap signal it can look shocking.

It's nowhere near it's 2000 hour burnin period, but even that is rediculous, two thousand hours before the tv reaches optimum performance, that's more than six months worth of average viewing.

I've tried the Video Digital Essentials setup DVD, I get it perfect on one channel then as soon as I change channels all the rest of them look terrible, I can't seem to find a good sweet spot that works for all channels.

My dad is happy and that's all that matters in the end I suppose.

It's nowhere near it's 2000 hour burnin period, but even that is rediculous, two thousand hours before the tv reaches optimum performance, that's more than six months worth of average viewing.

I've tried the Video Digital Essentials setup DVD, I get it perfect on one channel then as soon as I change channels all the rest of them look terrible, I can't seem to find a good sweet spot that works for all channels.

My dad is happy and that's all that matters in the end I suppose.

no no its 2000 hours before you set it to optimal settings rather like running in a new engine. What tv is it ?

It's the tv that's being discussed in this thread mate :)

I know it's 2000 hours mate but don't you think that waiting an average of six months before you can adjust it and get the best picture from it is taking the piss a little?

Call me impatient, but I want a TV that will give me a perfect picture a few hours after I take it out the box, not 6 months llater :)

sounds like you got something set wrong in the settings, me bro had a similar prob on his after 30 mins of messing around and adjustments the pic was perfect! Take a look around in all the options you'll be suprised!

It's the tv that's being discussed in this thread mate :)

I know it's 2000 hours mate but don't you think that waiting an average of six months before you can adjust it and get the best picture from it is taking the piss a little?

Call me impatient, but I want a TV that will give me a perfect picture a few hours after I take it out the box, not 6 months llater :)

yeah i see what your saying i dont own a plasma but i did loads of research before i bought my samsung 40" lcd. i really wanted a panny plasma but couldnt afford one so went for the best lcd i could afford which i am really pleased with. I do believe however it has gotten better over time picture qulity wise.

That said i would quite happily have waited 2000 hours had i bought a plasma.

Im also pretty sure that the 2000 hours thing is getting less and less as newer modles come out but im not 100% on that.

are the problems on normal tv? sammys are known for good pics on hi-def but lousy on standard

Sammy Plasma 50" great pic on standard def, a suggestion to some folks about image retention tho...click on the zoom button, and stretch the image so the logo is off the screen. Helps if you are planning on watch one station all night, like MTV. Alot of the channels logos are quite transparent, it's the ones that are too obvious which are a pain, like the kids Cbeebies channel.... STRETCH. :Biggrin2:

Back