Sammy boxes in ex C &amp w area probs

diamondgezza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi iam in a pure n*t*l area.But i have been trying to mod two sammy ex c &amp w boxes for a mate in brighton but when he connects them up they show m043 in the display .I have modded loads of pure n*t*l stb's with no probs but iam stuck on this.i have cut tb, jtaged the correct bk and ird from the correct byte location, reset box by shorting battery, set default freq to 666.750 ,set pin,wrote mosc with no lock ex c&amp w image changed cam id, checked dates etc ,checked in engineers menu and card seen as rom11. the only thing i couldnt do was update the software in the box as iam in a pure n*t*l area btw the boxes got fta channels in his area before they were modded.iam thinking its software update related but not sure what to do now.

Nearest error message I can find is MD43 which means the channels are currently unavailable or the box is unable to find any valid cable connection.

Sounds like you may have DOCSIS boxes that don't work properly on the DAVIC system. Have you set the NetId - DOCSIS boxes don't usually do this automatically.

Recheck what you've done on the talkback disabling - If you've done this wrongly then you may be stopping the box from seeing a cable connection at all

Last edited:
nozzer said:
Nearest error message I can find is MD43 which means the channels are currently unavailable or the box is unable to find any valid cable connection.

Sounds like you may have DOCSIS boxes that don't work properly on the DAVIC system. Have you set the NetId - DOCSIS boxes don't usually do this automatically.

Recheck what you've done on the talkback disabling - If you've done this wrongly then you may be stopping the box from seeing a cable connection at all

hi mate cheers for replying .both the samsung 2100c boxes are docsis boxes and are being used in a docsis area brighton.i told him to take the boxes to a cable feed that already had a digi box in use because he was only using analoge boxes in his house before and i thought it could be a signal strength problem and he tried this but they still had this problem.tb have been cut ok as i have done a few davic sammy boxes with no broblems .i think you may have hit the nail on the head when you said docsis boxes dont set there net id automatically.does anyone know the net id for brighton area please.

NET ID:41044

BYTE 0x3120000C = $A0
BYTE 0x3120000D = $54
BYTE 0x3120000E = $B3
BYTE 0x3120000F = $7C

Clive.

Back