Sammy 2110 noob.

pear

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just wanted to ask- where can I find some guidance on modding a Sammy 2110 box from vermin? I have looked for some tutorials on the site since I joined (a couple of hours ago), but haven't come up with much. (Any!)

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm new to all of this stuff.

Really, I'd like to know how to cut talkback, and then to change the network id. But anything to get me on the right track would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

P/

wasting you time mate it cant be modded no more since n3 roll out

As said above, its now pointless attemping to mod a 2110 or any other 'ex-subbed' box. You can no longer modify the subscriptions on the cards so there's nothing you can do with such boxes !

Effectively, the only option now on VM cable is to use a cardshare box. The only one presently operational (for most people) is the Kryptview.

Thanks for the posts guys- So I am wasting my time trying to mod it.

Is it still possible to use it as a freeview box on a split stream into the house? What I mean is, can I watch the old standard terrestrial (BBC1, C5, etc) using it?

Cheers.

Thanks for the posts guys- So I am wasting my time trying to mod it.

Is it still possible to use it as a freeview box on a split stream into the house? What I mean is, can I watch the old standard terrestrial (BBC1, C5, etc) using it?

Cheers.

yes you can m80 but remember you still need a live feed in still

Thanks- I have a live feed, hooked up to subbed box.

I have new 2110 box, to connect up to cable split from feed (for telly in another room). So... Just to clarify, do I need to remove talkback and change net id to match subbed box?

Thanks for the help so far BTW- I'm getting my head around some stuff at least!

I have new 2110 box, to connect up to cable split from feed (for telly in another room). So... Just to clarify, do I need to remove talkback and change net id to match subbed box?

I wouldn't worry too much about talkback as your not getting anything for free. The only annoying thing is, if you don't have a N3 paird card, you get the insert card message every time you turn over. :)

Thanks Dar and JTH,

I got a card with the box, but don't think it's paired with the box. So looks like I'll get the insert card message. :(
I might take off the talkback resistors & capacitors, as it can't do any harm, and might avoid me getting a phone call from the powers that be.

Kryptview boxes- don't know much about 'em, but what I have read sounds interesting. Although they are detectable by vermin, so it's best not to run them through a vermin account- right?

Last edited:
I might take off the talkback resistors & capacitors, as it can't do any harm, and might avoid me getting a phone call from the powers that be.

They never bothered calling anyone when the boxes/cards were hacked, so cant see why they would start now!

Although they are detectable by vermin, so it's best not to run them through a vermin account- right?

Well, I would say most are running them through a VM line, and it is unlikely that VM will chase an end user - more likely to chase the suppliers

if the box is new meaning never been used ou would have to have the network id set and the default frequncy

Thanks again guys for the replies with advice.

To clarify david- it's not an unused box; I just call it new as I've only just got it. The Net ID on the box will be from where it was used previously. i.e. not my area's Net ID.

At present I don't know my area Net ID, nor the one on the box. But I did read on the forums about reseting Net ID with a number of button presses at power up- so I'll start by doing that.

Dar- I'm not sure what a pure area means, so I'll have a look on the forums again! Any tips on where to start?

Thanks again guys.

Search for a list of NetID's and it should say in the list if it's Pure/Telewest/Cable&Wireless.

If it's pure it will set itself as long as you put the correct frequency in.

Thanks again guys for the replies with advice.

To clarify david- it's not an unused box; I just call it new as I've only just got it. The Net ID on the box will be from where it was used previously. i.e. not my area's Net ID.

At present I don't know my area Net ID, nor the one on the box. But I did read on the forums about reseting Net ID with a number of button presses at power up- so I'll start by doing that.

Dar- I'm not sure what a pure area means, so I'll have a look on the forums again! Any tips on where to start?

Thanks again guys.

You used to be able to at least put the ird into n1 cards with a box that had an unknown boxkey to stop the message but as n3 is here this wont work now and as the box has never been hit you would never have been able to get the bk from it too but as said new encryption has stuffed fully modding the unit.

However to use as a freeview box with the annoying message hold left/right/ok and standby with no feed in and power the box up,when it gets to LD06 on the front screen let the buttons go and the net id should be reset to default which is 09999,you are then free to use a fun/atmega card with the correct files to reset net id for your area and you can set frequency manually so look for a net id list for all areas you will find it and the closest area on that list should be yours.

As said also if you are in a pure area the net id and frequency will set automatically so check in engineer menu as if its a virgin box you may not have to reset to default.

Engineer menu is hold up and down while powering up,,also check any lijit boxes if you have any or a neighbours to see what that net id is which will save you looking for a net id list.

The only annoying thing is, if you don't have a N3 paird card, you get the insert card message every time you turn over. :)

My box updated itself the other day after I pulled the plug on it.
And now that annoying "insert card message" has gone :)

My box updated itself the other day after I pulled the plug on it.
And now that annoying "insert card message" has gone :)

Hi,
I have sammy 2100c (No paired N3 card) that has that annoying message every time you change channel. I want to use it as a FTA receiver feeding a Tivo. When Tivo wants to change channel and record, it sends the change channel instruction via IR blaster......but that damned message spoils the recording since it stays there until the OK button is pressed.

EXACTLY how can I get rid of the annoying message screen PLEASE?

it used to work by programing a mosc nagra1 card with just the ird number of the box. you need a scientific calculator and type the box number from the baqck or under the box which starts 10 but leave the last 2 digits off. then pres the hex button and you should have an 8 digit number starting or ending with 3e. like i say this used to work.

it used to work by programing a mosc nagra1 card with just the ird number of the box. you need a scientific calculator and type the box number from the baqck or under the box which starts 10 but leave the last 2 digits off. then pres the hex button and you should have an 8 digit number starting or ending with 3e. like i say this used to work.

Doesn't work with N3.

Not sure how Exorcists got it to work??

Back