Sagen box without a remote

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, took a while to get into the cable rooms but been reading the tutorials and things actually seem to make sense lol. anyway i want to flash some images into the box and got the computer side all going, ethernet connecton and whatnot. only thing is, i need to find the IP address of the box and i havent got a remote. so is there any way i can put them images into the /var/keys/ folder without the remote or seeing anything on screen or how can i find the ip address of the thing?

ps: its a sagem dbox 2 in debug mode.

When you say you want to flash some Images into the box- I take it you really mean Files ??

Don't think you can change the default IP settings without a R/C, m8. The Gemini 4in1 from Asda works well for Nokia and Sagem- and only costs about £8 + batteries. Will do your TV, VCR, DVD too!

Cheers- AL

yeah mate files. nagra things lol.i dont want to change the ip mate just want to know what it is lol.

i got an ip pool of 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.100 on my router so will it be one of them yeah or do i have to turn that off and let the thing choose its own ip?

Hi guys, took a while to get into the cable rooms but been reading the tutorials and things actually seem to make sense lol. anyway i want to flash some images into the box and got the computer side all going, ethernet connecton and whatnot. only thing is, i need to find the IP address of the box and i havent got a remote. so is there any way i can put them images into the /var/keys/ folder without the remote or seeing anything on screen or how can i find the ip address of the thing?

ps: its a sagem dbox 2 in debug mode.

so it's a box in debug mode with no img? if so i guess u could flash using ifa with a correct img 1x or 2x and once done u can then connect by pc, yweb to use a virtual remote.

oh so it's files u want to transfer....what img is it..u can try the default ip if u post

Last edited:
its nagraroms mate im trying to transfer.

ps: thanks for the quick replies. much appreciatd.

it was a box that got destroyed in them hits.

all i got was a bunch of numbers and virgin version 1.1.2 lol

all i got was a bunch of numbers and virgin version 1.1.2 lol

is it just a blank screen once the box is booted?

if u say u got the box connected to the pc try starting windows command prompt and type in arp -a, see what u get....

is it just a blank screen once the box is booted?

if u say u got the box connected to the pc try starting windows command prompt and type in arp -a, see what u get....

wicked cheers mate. now it keeps trying to find ip address. think its something to do with my settings. will try change few things and post back

not worked mate. think im just gonna get a remote lol.

if there are any other way please still post.

ok got a remote. when i boot up i see a virgin boot log and debug numbers. its got a blade image on it.
i cant se much on the tv because its all pixellated and cant even see the menus so looking at the dbox lcd screen itself. was looking to find the IP but i cant find the Network bit in settings. nor in services.

its definately in settings think its option 4 or 5 on blade image but been a while since i used blade.

so dbox button - settings - option 4 or 5 gives network settings, scroll down to you see ip on dbox lcd. can change it also.

Hope this helps

ok got a remote. when i boot up i see a virgin boot log and debug numbers. its got a blade image on it.
i cant se much on the tv because its all pixellated and cant even see the menus so looking at the dbox lcd screen itself. was looking to find the IP but i cant find the Network bit in settings. nor in services.

ok default ip addresses are: -

blade orig.
address 192.168.0.24

all versions the same

blade

its definately in settings think its option 4 or 5 on blade image but been a while since i used blade.

so dbox button - settings - option 4 or 5 gives network settings, scroll down to you see ip on dbox lcd. can change it also.

Hope this helps

in settings i have the following options, this is on the lcd on the dbox2 itself.

user level, save, video, audio, back

network should be below audio probably 2 below with youth protection in between......

try user level can u change to expert? or summit

network should be below audio probably 2 below with youth protection in between......

try user level can u change to expert? or summit

its not mate. i changed user level from normal to expert lol (not that i am)

theres also settings in blade menu but no network in there either

EDT: Mate your a star!!! changed user level to expert and found it now

ok im gonna annoy you guys a bit more now lol.

im typing in ftp://root:[email protected]/tmp which aint working, tried password as dbox2 not worked either :(

Last edited:
I dont understand if you got a remote why you cant see the menu on the TV. Even if it wont descramble the pic you should be able to see the menu.

You want DBOX menu > Settings > Network > IP Address . .

If your router IP range is 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.100
Then set the IP to 192.168.2.20 for example, then go to Start/Restart Network Now

You should now be able to FTP to the box or http://192.168.2.20 Address to use yweb from your PC

to be honest you are better off downloading an ftp program such as cuteftp or bulletproof ftp to access the dbox as I find this more reliable than using a browser. If you download the blade image from the download section it will tell you in the notes if the login and password have been changed from default

Last edited:
I dont understand if you got a remote why you cant see the menu on the TV. Even if it wont descramble the pic you should be able to see the menu.

You want DBOX menu > Settings > Network > IP Address . .

Then set the IP within your routers range and go to Start/Restart Network Now

You should now be able to FTP to the box or http://IP Address to use yweb from your PC

i found the ip mate. its not on a router, connecting directly to the laptop now.
on the network card i set the static as 192.168.02.

i found the ip mate. its not on a router, connecting directly to the laptop now.
on the network card i set the static as 192.168.02.

r u using a ftp proggy or ie....if u r connecting direct u need a xover network cable

Back