Sagem remotes stoped working.

BlueMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the remote controls are faulty or is it a setting on the Sagem DBox that is causing me the problem?

Normally I got a red flashing light on the box to indicate that there is comunication but not even getting the flashing red light!!!!!

Puzzeled!!!!!!!!

You need to determine whether its the remote or the box which is at fault. You can test the remote by using a mobile phone, with a camera on it.

Turn on the camera on your phone and press some buttons on the remote. Point the camera at the end of the remote you would usually oint at the box. If you see the light then the remote is ok. If you dont, then its the box that needs looking at.

Thats amazing, fair play to you James, pointed the remote into the phone and could see the light when you pressed the button on the remote.

So now it looks like the box.....mmmmmh not good at all....

Any ideas?

The next step would be to open the box and have a look at the connector which connects the ir receiver to the "motherboard" There are some posts on here that describe how to do this. It may just need cleaning.

Have you made any changes to your box, software or hardware-wise?

Howya James,

Firstly thansk for the help.

I have been trying different images on the box and at one stage I took the lid of to check how many Intel chips where on the board. I do be carefull so not sure maybe I did knock something?

I'll reseat the cable.

Hi there,

I took the lid of and checked the connections to the IR and they seemed fine. I re-seated them to check and still no joy???

Anyone else any other ideas?

I am really snookered now as you know how valuable a remote is.....

Stumped,

If you press the front panel too hard specially if the lid is removed pins from the IR platine can get contact to the metal part of the case behind at a sagem.
If the box is powered that is a short circuit and a resistor at the mainboard is blowing.

Last edited:
Back