SAGEM: Problem with flashing.

svkhtn

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried to flash 2 sagem boxes. They both are 1x.

The 2 boxes are nearly the same, except at the back one is black, and one is grey.

I used IFA to flash. The grey one worked fine. However, the one with black at the back didn't. I checked the two log files coming from the null modem cable.

In the flashing process, the successful one showed "Copy to flash....", and then "Flashed " with 1MB, 2MB until 7MB to complete. However, the other one just came to "Copy to flash...." and then stuck there.

I decided to unplug the power and switched on. It stuck at "Kein system". I tried to reflash it 3 times now but it still doesn't work.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks a lot,
SV

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
man it's wanna those things when you do a bad flash, you just gotta keep at it...you'll get it man

svkhtn

Inactive User
Reaction score
They both are 1x sagems.

I tried to used IFA with a null modem cable. One worked fine, but not the other.

The other just stuck after "Copy to flash...".

Any helps ?

mgb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Try flashing with the option flash without null modem. Maybe somehing is wrong with the serial socket on the box.

de_deej

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I never use a null modem cable when flashing (mainly because my laptop won't let me). Just keep trying you'll get there in the end. I had the dreade kein system last night and it took me an hour before I got it going again. The time before that I got it first time, its just trial and error. Just set up IFA and keep turning the box on and of until eventually it will say flashing.

de_deej

svkhtn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help !!!

I am really sorry that I misread the number of chipsets earlier. I just flashed with the 2x Image. The flashing was fine. Everything is up and runs well now.

Thanks again for your time.

de_deej

Inactive User
Reaction score
Glad it's working OK now, whenever I have a problem I always go back to the basics and start from the beginning. Sometimes you can delve to deep.

de_deej

TEST