Sagem Network Connection?

jasperw

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Seasons Greetings :mexican:

I have a question about my Sagem box...

My Dbox is the living room next to my xbox. I have a netgear wireless access point, which I use to stream stuff to my xbox XBMC from my pc upstairs. This works fine, however I wanted to be able to record to my PC, so connected the Wireless AP to the dbox; this also works.

The only problem was that i could only plug a single device into the access point, so I had to keep swapping over the cables, which is a pain!

So i connected a 5 port switch to the wireless AP and then into the dbox and xbox. The xbox works fine, but the dbox refuses to work, to the point that the box won't even boot if it's connected to the switch.

I know the switch is ok, my main question is does anyone know of any issues with this configuration or has anyone got a similar setup?

cheers

JaSpErW

Last edited:
jasperw said:
Hi Guys,

Seasons Greetings :mexican:

I have a question about my Sagem box...

My Dbox is the living room next to my xbox. I have a netgear wireless access point, which I use to stream stuff to my xbox XBMC from my pc upstairs. This works fine, however I wanted to be able to record to my PC, so connected the Wireless AP to the dbox; this also works.

The only problem was that i could only plug a single device into the access point, so I had to keep swapping over the cables, which is a pain!

So i connected a 5 port switch to the wireless AP and then into the dbox and xbox. The xbox works fine, but the dbox refuses to work, to the point that the box won't even boot if it's connected to the switch.

I know the switch is ok, my main question is does anyone know of any issues with this configuration or has anyone got a similar setup?

cheers

JaSpErW

I would say configuration m8, if the dbox is plugged via the switch then u will need to input the details in to the dbox. i dont have a setup like this but i remember some1 doing soemthing similiar all his router ports where taken up so he added a 8port switch! only thing stopping him was the settings.

Hope that helps somehow.(not the best at networking)

Thanks for the reply m8, but config is ok.

I am an IT Engineer by trade so networks are no problem, i suppose i should have just asked whether anyone had issues plugging a dbox into a switch.

:Cheers:

JaSpErW

Could it be the switch, only allowing 100 full dupklex connections , whereas the nic on the DBox only being able to run at 10 half duplex, I have a similar setup where my box is connected to a switch which also has a wirless AP connected, and I can access the dbox wirelessly from my laptop

Back