Sagem Ix1 Box, A few problems.

Raz_Broond

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey, I know there's a lot of posts around here with the same problems but I can't seem to find anything to help me, I ordered a box and it came without debug mode, when I went over the steps in a tutorial online I now get "Kein System" whenever I turn the box on, that's my first problem

Because the original software was on it I couldn't get it's IP and so I can't connect to it either, I don't know if there's a way to set the Dbox' IP Via my computer or something, I have a nullmodem cable and Ethernet Cable connected to the box, when I do try to flash it I get:

COMPORT Message from DBOX2

ÏÏÏhttp://Hallenberg.com ÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏÏ
------ Zusatzinformationen ------
Gewählter Netzwerkadapter: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-Adresse des Netzwerkadapters: 82.40.2.171
IP-Adresse die die dbox bekommt: 82.40.2.202
Comport: Communications Port (COM1)
Betriebssystem: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
CPU 1: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ @ 2000 MHz
Dateiname des Images: JtG_Neutrino_Komplett_1x.img
Imagetyp: Ein Flash
DBOX-IFA Version: 2.0
------ Powered by http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de ------

and in the boot manager

- dbox2-Bootmanager
> gepatched für Verwendung im dbox2-ImageFlashingAssistent
> Dieses Fenster wurde nur für die Bereitstellung der Serverdienste geöffnet!

I'd appriciate any help at all, Thanks alot in advanced!

Last edited:
Well, I seem to have found my first problem "A network cable is unplugged"

Got any idea?

I'll go buy some new crossover cable tomorrow to make sure it's not that, but if you guys have any idea if I could do something more tonight that'd be great!

Seems like the cable I had was nackered, bought some new cable today, £13 from comet, The problem now is that I get an error with the IFA

Der Request kommt von der Netzwerkkarte selbst (und nicht von der DBOX), wahrscheinlich

Which roughly translates to

The Request comes from the network map (and not of the DBOX), probably

I have no idea what is meant by this and any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks alot!

Also, when I try to Flash I get "Reset..." on the LCD. Is this right?

Are you sure your using the flash assistant and not bootmanager?
Don't turn the dbox on until it tells you.

I'm using the Flash assistant

"DBOX2_IFA_ENGLISH"

I didn't turn on the but untill it prompted me, then I reset it using up and standby and "Reset..." appeared along with that message!

Thanks.

Hi.

You have "kein system" so we must assume that you got the box into de-bug.

"Der Request kommt von der Netzwerkkarte selbst (und nicht von der DBOX), wahrscheinlich " you say you got because your network cable was unplugged.
But if you are running a home network and are using a "Router" your network cable/card are probably set to "Obtain IP address Automatically" Because your box has not yet been assigned an IP address this will give you the either the "Network Cable Unplugged" or a "Limited Service" error on your connection.

You need to assign your connection an IP address.

Right Click the connection icon on the bottom right of your taskbar
Click "Open Network Connections"
Right Click on your connection that the cable is connected to e.g LAN
ANd Click on "Properties"
A box should pop up and it should be open on the "General" Tab (Top Right)
If not click on the "General" tab

Highlight the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) setting and Click the "Properties" button.
Click the "Use the Following IP Address" radio button and put in an ip address that is in the range of your network.

Subnet Mask usually fills itself in

DNS server just use the same IP address as your router or use the same you typed in for your IP address in the first section.

Click okay etc..

Now start IFA and select YOUR CORRECT IMAGE you know the rest.

Hope this sorts your problem.

If you have trouble getting IFA to work with your box keep resetting with the Power and Channel up button until you get "IFA Lade..." in BIG letters on the box LCD.

Good Luck.

***Adapter Desc: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: 00:01:6C:3D:85:F3 Local IP: 192.168.0.1
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69
BootP> Request from 00:50:9C:3C:F7:03 (assuming that this is DBox).
BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 192.168.0.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:3C:F7:03
BootP> Answer sent!
TFTP> Started TFTP-Transfer for "C:\dboxifa_tmp\tftpboot\u-boot"...
TFTP> Transfer finished, sent 275 blocks
BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 192.168.0.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:3C:F7:03
BootP> Answer sent!

The

BootP> Request from 00:50:9C:3C:F7:03 (assuming that this is DBox).
BootP> Answer sent!

keeps coming up

Is that normal, I don't see "IFA Lade" 1

just "Reset..."

Alright, This is my first box so I'm kind of clueless, the thing came without Debug, To ground it, a piece of copper wire will work, right?

Thanks alot guys, Finally got it fixed, I fucked up the disable write protect, thanks alot for helping me guys

You're all quality.

Back