Sagem Dbox ???? Plz Help

dinga

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have a sagem dbox, i have been entering the keys manually and the last 3 times i done this my dbox came back on, all channels working perfect. then i entered the new codes for april 30th, but for some reason this does work, no channels working ?????. has anything changed, like has vm got a way around this??

can someone plz help me

Kind Regards
Sean

Last edited:
Hi i have a sagem dbox, i have been entering the keys manually and the last 3 times i done this my dbox came back on, all channels working perfect. then i entered the new codes for april 30th, but for some reason this does work, no channels working ?????. has anything changed, like has vm got a way around this??

can someone plz help me

Kind Regards
Sean

make sure you have entered the right keys and saved them properly and to reboot. mine and rest of the members boxes are working ok?

im sure i have saved them ok. looked at the keys when i had entered them , it looked like the old key had over write the new key. has this something to do with auto updates or something??

it will be easier to install a new image then the dbox will update the keys automatically, to access the downloads section you will need 20 posts or more.

Say hello in the introduce yourself section, get you post count up over next few days and once you can get a new image it will be easy for you

cheers for that advice m8..do you need to hook your dbox up to your computer to install an image ??

You my friend need to be careful if flashing a new image, coz Sagem boxes need to be flashed with the right image ie 1x or 2x depending on the number of flash chips in your box.

You will need
a knowledge of setting up a network on your PC
a crossover cable ( make certain you ask for and get a 'crossover' and not a straight cable. )
a null modem cable ( in the event of a bad flash ) - although this is not strictly necessary
an FTP programme ( google SmartFTP it's free and easy to use )
Image Flashing Assistant ( IFA ) free from www.hallenberg.com ( again required in the event of a bad flash )

When you're ready to proceed post here for help, there's plenty of it !!!!!!!!

all the best

cheers , looks like a need a cross over cable, gonna get one over this weekend, most computer shops sell them???

whats the diffrence between a cross over cable and just a ethernet cable??

whats the diffrence between a cross over cable and just a ethernet cable??

One works and one doesn't! :proud: :proud:

You are attempting to connect 2 computers, the output of one needs to go to the input of the other and vice versa ie input and output need to be crossed over. If you connect box and PC to a router then this will make the cross so you can use a straight through cable.

Back