Sagem Continuously Reboots

ronnie_g0

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can someone please help.

My Sagem continuously reboots.

I can not use the D-box keys to check or change the settings or load a new image.:flame:

how long you had it ?
have you flashed it ?
is it in debug mode ?
has it ever worked ?

give us some more info mang......

I have had it a week.
I have flashed it but it worked for 1 night.
It is in debug mode.
It now boots up but, resets before I can use the d-box button.
Therefore I can not change settings or reflash.

Please advise.

Will IFA stop the box rebooting.

I take it I will need to connect a null modem cable as the newwork connection is broken when it reboots?

yes a new image should stop it booting as it's got a new boot file. if you use ifa you dont really need a null modem cable but comes in handy to spot faults and see the process. just use a cross over cable and all should be sorted mate. you dont need it to boot right up to use ifa

When I use IFA with a crossover cable.

I get an initial connection but after about 1 minute the connection is lost

any suggestions?

what exactly happens ? does the front of the box say "flashing " or some thing along those lines ?

or is it the program that fails ?

it will be best for you to have a null modem cable to see if connects to the box and to see why it fails

Hi the program starts.

The programs eventually displays Pinging DBOXII OK

The Box boots up with loading neutrino

u-boot 1.1.2

then a blank screen and then the network connection is lost.

There is not flashing on the display

so it seems that your managing to flash the image to the box succesfully....can you get network settings from the dbox ?

The box still reboots before the image can be flashed.

Sorry to be a pain.

np mang, as far as i know it shouldn't say "neutrino u-boot 1.1.2" when your flashing ...... just trying to see what's wrong with it ?

see when it's flashing then it should flash and then on the box say complete, then you unplug it and that's when you see neutrino u-boot 1.1.2, is there a problem with the cable ? is it new ?

have you tried holding the up arrow and power button on front of box then letting go after you've clicked ok on ifa?

have you tried holding the up arrow and power button on front of box then letting go after you've clicked ok on ifa?, with power going to the box ? or not ? ( thanks this tip may come in handy, what does it do man )

just does a flash reset om box. some boxes need to be done this way for ifa to work others need the plug out option just depends on box

hope it works for this chap man, and very good tip.......( nice avatar mang )

Hi

tried the up arrow and power button.

It still does not display flashing and then reboots

ok so you've set the ip addy on the network connection
removed everything from the back of the dbox apart from the crossover cable.
run ifa
wait for the program to open another screen.
and then connect the power

is this what your doing ? and then it resets....

Back