Sagem Box problem

boss351

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I have loads of Dboxes and all work fine apart from this one sagem one which is a 1x , no matter what image i try when watching channels i get the picture freezing up and a squeeking noise sounding like when signal is bad.
But all my other boxes are OK , my Nokia ones work a treat.
I would think it certainly is a hardware problem but after maybe 5 mins or so it goes back ok,If i reboot the box its ok too.
Could something be wrong with the tuner or even if i start to change channels really fast and then go back to what i was watching its ok too.

Last edited:
sounds like u need Ucode changin mate. 014 works best for me

Is this the only sagem box you have? I.e.. all the others are Nokia? If so then you must realize that sagem boxes require a higher signal level to operate correctly. Try changing ucode; and even try a £7 booster from argos (money back guarantee if it doesnt work for you).

Also, try either mine or gav's latest images as they are known to fix little things like this... even tho you think that changing to one of our images wont work, it has fixed 99% of problems on this forum.

Liam

No , I have other sagem boxes and they are ok but they are all x2 ones.
How do i change ucodes , i am still only a beginner on dbox .
I am using gavs latest sportster image by the way.

Last edited:
Hi Boss

I've got a X2 Sagem and it does exactly the same thing, it's completely random. The picture freezes and I get a "birdie" noise, change channels and its ok for a while or reboot and it works fine. Tried all the images I can find, tried a booster, tried different ucodes and avia drivers but no joy. I've watched the output in bootmanager while the box freezes and seen nothing to suggest software probs, I've watched the signal strength (red then Blue on remote) and theres no change in SNR or SIG or BER. I've even removed the modem (as if this really fixes them)

I've got a spare so i'm gonna swap psu first, then tuner but if these dont cure it then its scrap.

I'll let you know.

Use Sportster 1.7 UK05 its the best image for sick boxes ,change all settings for sagems ,try a booster and if that dont work the box is a door stop in my eyes

I would actually say that, from large amounts of feedback received, enigma images are the best for sick boxes. I'm not saying that my enigmaX image is the only one that cures boxes, but ALL ENIGMA BASED IMAGES seem to be more stable.

Liam

also i found with the sagem if you remove the modem it makes the problem a loss let frequent - it still happens but only about once a day
I don't know why this works but I hope it helps

Hold the front page!!!!

I put a sportster pro image (30/07/05) on it and changed to UCODE VORTEX.
It's been on now for 2 hrs without a problem, fingers crossed guys.

Last edited:
I have a 2x Sagem and have tried everything took the modem out changed the ucodes all the images and cams but this still hasent cured the freezing and budgies.

This is what I have found.

The best Images I have come accross is gavs next gen, liams Enigma, and de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02, these images all have the option to use Newcamd which works well with my sagem, I have thought at times that this had fixed it but it still happens but does run more stable.

Ucodes I have tried most of them and found the friendly ones for mine is ucode_0014 and just trying ucode_0013 which seems to be working well at the moment.

I have had a few Dboxes and they have all been ok so I know there is no problem with the cable feed.

So I think this is a hardware problem.

Fermec

I also believed a problematic sagem was down to hardware problems but then why will it run for weeks on end tuned to a fta channel.

I found the best fix for mine is to run newcamd from one of the new images but it still isn't perfect.

I find my Sagem is so un-reliable that unless I am recording an fta channel don't bother. It is bound to lock up during the program at some point.

Funny enough I found that ucode 01a is the most stable and that means no recording anyway.

I've just come to the conclusion if you have a problematic Sagem then it will stay that way, you can reduce the lock ups but you won't cure them.

Trooperboy

It's not cured mine but it's definately better, doesnt happen as much now.
I agree it's gotta be hardware, sick avia chip or mem somewhere I suspect.

Ok after weeks of trying everything i have finaly got somekind of stability on my sagem 2x box.

I have installed an image from another forum (Image name Sportster_1.51 Sagem Fixes_2xI.img) and I am useing ucode 0013.

I have had this running now for 2 days and the only problem I have is now and again when swiching channel to itv I get a black screen this is easy cured by turning to radio then back to tv, but fingers crossed I have had no freezing or budgies while watching any of the channels.

Looks like I am finaly getting somewhere with this box, only time will tell.

Fermec

Back