Sagem 1x freexing issues

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2x image on my own box and it works fine. My m8 has got a box and the image keeps freezing etc. Picture is good, but image freezes for a seconde or two then moves on this is happenning alot with him. He recieved the box the other day with an image already on it. I tried converting my image an putting it on there for him and his box boots up once and then crashes, when it is on I still have the same problem of frezzing issues etc.
Anybody have any advice or stable 1x images that I can try.
I have taken the modem out like has been suggested on here and still no change.
It is doing my head in argh!! hehe
Any advice on settings etc would most helpful.
Also do those converter things work, like image converter etc. as I tried it and like I mentioned earlier the image worked ok for a few seconds then begun to crash and then dbox would not boot up.

All the best,
Spark

Possibly a signal problem?? You could try a booster or try changing uCodes...
Yes those image converter things work lol; you must just be having a bad day :)

very high ber

Thanks for the advice,

And yes I am having a bad day, just dropped some plates in the kitchen and banged my head on the cabinet so not going well today.
Anyway i have noticed that I have a very high BER, I put a forward path attenuator 6db on there and it knocked the BER rate down to 0. SNR:63000 and signal 0. It does not freeze at the moment but I am concerned that the siganl is 0? Is this the right way about it?
I think this is the reason it is freezing so much because the BER rate was in its thousands without this attenuator.
Anyadvice,

Having a bad day!! hehe

All the best,
Sparks

In that case, the signal was too high. The attenuator has bought down the signal so that its more stable, which will prevent freezing.

I think on a sagem the SIG is always 0, I used to have 0 on my old sagem and had no problems at all - so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks for that m8,
Much appreciated, I also posted the message above for some bizarre reason. Definetly not a good day, oh well might as well crack open a beer and go down that road!! hehe. Nah wont do that just yet.
Cheers for the advice will let you know how it goes. i am off to find a nice nurse to tend to my bump on my head.

All the best,

Sparks

You could always try your box round your mates house to see if it is a box or signal issue.

de_deej

Back