Sad news for Birmingham dbox users

harveybham

DW Member ++
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
6
well im afraid the thing we most were dreading has come today. Birmingham has today lost all front row channels with a message saying channel not available. well it was good while we had it just thought id post this so that we dont get bham people saying there front row is not working. Long live the Dbox and im sure we will be getting a trick were we can get VOD channels through our dbox as i always say nothing in life is impossible !
 

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
6,662
Reaction score
107
Location
Who knows !
harveybham said:
Long live the Dbox and im sure we will be getting a trick were we can get VOD channels through our dbox as i always say nothing in life is impossible !

Forget vod - its not worth the hassle. As its only transmitted locally to the person who actually ordered the event there is absolutely no way for you to know either what the vod channels contain or when they start. Also the person who ordered the event is in complete control with the ability to fast forward/rewind/pause/stop etc. Could you really watch something like that !
 

de_deej

Inactive User
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
harveybham said:
well im afraid the thing we most were dreading has come today. Birmingham has today lost all front row channels with a message saying channel not available. well it was good while we had it just thought id post this so that we dont get bham people saying there front row is not working. Long live the Dbox and im sure we will be getting a trick were we can get VOD channels through our dbox as i always say nothing in life is impossible !

Welcome to the world of VOD, you should be happy that we've all still got the main channels. Now that would be sad.

de_deej
 

harveybham

DW Member ++
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
6
yeh im still happy its just that iv only had dbox since July so only been 5 months since i had front row but hey live goes on still got sports ! so thats all that matters
 

de_deej

Inactive User
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
harveybham said:
yeh im still happy its just that iv only had dbox since July so only been 5 months since i had front row but hey live goes on still got sports ! so thats all that matters

I had my box set up for 1 day before they switched to VOD (honest), I was gutted but I suppose it was a good thing because I never got use to having it.

de_deej
 

harveybham

DW Member ++
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
6
yeh will do also if i do another scan on my box is it normal for no front row to apper once the channel scan has been done ?
 

de_deej

Inactive User
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
Yes if you've gone VOD. BTW only older sportster images (1.73) can pick up front row on a scan.

de_deej
 

harveybham

DW Member ++
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
6
ok then iv gone vod for sure just done a scan got not frontrow channels been uisng sportster 1.7UK04. oh yeh lolz by the way mate i done the scan in a rush and was not thinking instead of choosing update existing i did overwrite exisiting meaning iv lost my bouquets lolz just been setting them up again but taking time. i have bouquet manager but the manuel is in dutch, any one got english version. ( how can i be so stupid tut tut )
 
TEST
Top