sa 4000 urgent help!!!!!

storey999

Inactive User
Reaction score
please help me with my little dillema i have done a sa4*** box cut talkback both by the wire mod to chassis and the two end legs of the chip status modem light flashes but in settings > diagnostics it still says dhcp return path is on can some 1 help me with this with proper diagrams and info also if it was in a house wicj the box is subbed for would i still mget all interactive games help and the rest

1 more thing when i done one of these boxs i didnt get the card so had to take out u48 and 50 all that was sorted but now all i get is a blank screen im in tw area i get all menus and things just no picture or sound well thanks for all that can help

Hi Storey.
I had problems with my first sa4000 with having a picture then loosing it.Double check the solder joints on the two U i.c'2. I had a couple wires come free.Just a dab with the iron sorted it.I have posted(just in case) alternative soldering points for the two i.c's, cause i wrecked the print on the board doh.
If the modem light flashes it should be ok.Correct me if im wrong plz.

sa4000

Just a short question, just wondering if re-soldering the 'u chips' fixed the no picture problem as it has just happned to me after approx. 6 months of trouble free usage.

I have two of these boxes both have worked great for months much better than pace boxes. Now the strange thing after a recent software update overnight for the dreaded VOD although the new yellow platform is not present and PPV is still available (I think the box is just prepared for the roll out) I have checked in the diagnostic menu and both boxes are running software version 4.12 b2. Now the problem is one box is still running fine and the other has no picture or sound but all telewest menu's! - does anyone think that it may just be the 'u chips' as above or somthing more troubling the only difference I can find between the two boxes is that the one that works is hardware version 5.1 and the knackered one 5.2

And also I have noticed that after the recent software update both boxes now shows the return path as being on (as it indicated being 'off' pre update) but modem light is still flashing (if not a bit sparadically compared to before) and interactive is still not available.

I believe that this should still be ok but just checking the box is not communicating as don't want an unwanted visit

Has anyone else had this problem recently

Cheers

help

undo the no update mod and leave the box in stream should come back on after an hour or so

hi mate,

When you say undo the no update mod the only mod I made is disabling the talk back so do you mean re-connect the talk back for an hour?

Cheers

sa4000 'return path on'

does anybody else have their stb diagnostic screen indicating that the dhcp return path is 'on' on the sa4000 since the recent software upgrade

cheers

if your talkback is cut useing the wire method take the wire off.. put it on stream let it update. then cut talkback by snapping the to legs of .. instead of useing the wire method.... theres a pic in the talkback thread that should show you how to do it.... if that dont fix it then i havnt got a clue.... good luck

Cheers for the reply mate, managed to sort the picture problem out it was the u chip had to re-program the net id as software upgrade must of corrupted the chip.

But just wondering if storey999 managed to fix his dhcp return path 'being on' problem as mine still indicates as being on although modem light still flashing and interactive not available and crashes the box needing a re-boot.

I have searched the forum with anyone with the same problem but this seems to be the only thread.

Just trying to be 100% certain thats all

Cheers

YMAC730 said:
Cheers for the reply mate, managed to sort the picture problem out it was the u chip had to re-program the net id as software upgrade must of corrupted the chip.

But just wondering if storey999 managed to fix his dhcp return path 'being on' problem as mine still indicates as being on although modem light still flashing and interactive not available and crashes the box needing a re-boot.

I have searched the forum with anyone with the same problem but this seems to be the only thread.

Just trying to be 100% certain thats all

Cheers

Seems this may be common after all mate as i have a SA4000 with exactly the same symptoms - dhcp return path 'being on' .

Back