Rysen cpu

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been out the loop on PC stuff in a few years, used to be able to tell you the latest tech out there.

So will ask the community here, is the Ryzen amd cpu series any good? Do you think the below is a bit overkill for someone who may play the occasional game (nothing intensive)? Maybe drop down to a Ryzen 3? Just want to buy what i can afford now and not have to worry about upgrading for the nest few yearsryzen setup.JPG

Last edited:
My next gaming rig will be Ryzen based.

You could consider the Ryzen 3 1300X for approx £25 less. It's faster in single core and four core processes. However, with the 1400 being 8 cores, the 1300X doesn't do as well on highly threaded tasks (e.g. video encoding). So will depend on what games you play, and what else you plan doing with the new build.

My next gaming rig will be Ryzen based.

You could consider the Ryzen 3 1300X for approx £25 less. It's faster in single core and four core processes. However, with the 1400 being 8 cores, the 1300X doesn't do as well on highly threaded tasks (e.g. video encoding). So will depend on what games you play, and what else you plan doing with the new build.

I've gone and bought the components in the picture in my original thread.... will let you know how it goes!

I've just bought a gaming pc for the youngster for christmas and its the ryzen 5 1600, 8gb hyperfury ram, 1tb hard drive plus 128ssd. Asus motherboard. Then the big expense was the video card a palit 8060 6gb card.

The components arrived and are now fitted. I love the speed, but my graphics card and hybrid HDD are letting the performance down. Not that intend to game but did want to try out a few 'play anywhere' titles i seem to have along with a small bit of Elite dangerous, but mostly its for freelance work i do.

My graphics card is the 2048MB ATI Radeon RX 550 Series (Gigabyte) but can't really afford to spend another £150+ to upgrade it!

Back