rubik cube

marsh1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi looking for a really cheap rubik cube as would like to try and learn to complete

Try and get the real mccoy if you can. Picked one up the other day to play with it and a lot of moves are long winded (the way i do it anyway) and if i can't get into the groove or the cube keeps locking (like the cheap ones do) it makes you forget where you are. Considering i hadn't done it since school didn't take long to get back the moves. Everytime i visit i pick up the cube now, although a piece of plastic from inside fell out the other day. Worth having a go...

There was a little mini keyring one at Woolworths for a £1 I think :) but it doesnt have any stickers so you cant just peel off the little squares and put them in the right places :)

Last edited:
It's being re-released guys, expect to see your local supermarkets and toyshops full of them in the coming months.

Never buy a cheap one, in my experience they've always either fell to bits of kept sticking.

If you want cheap, I've used this ebay dealer from Hong Kong- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330249841286
£2.24 delivered. Cant beat the original Rubik branded versions for quality and speed though, but these ones are decent enough cubes for the money.
I used this ebayer because it was cheap postage on a larger order, good for party bags (a different story :)) but dealer was fast and reliable and I still have several of them working fine after many months of abuse.

However, I would also recommend paying the extra and buying the Rubik brand. Try your local Woolworths, my one stocks them.
Get practising, the Uk Open is in November :).

yes get the original because when you take all the stickers off and replace them like you have completed it they stick perfectly........lol

yes get the original because when you take all the stickers off and replace them like you have completed it they stick perfectly........lol

talking from experience then m8 LOL

i used to take em apart to complete em.

thanks

thanks for all the help liked the cheap ones on ebay great price but had to go for the original got it for 8.99 free dely from play.com expect i will never complete it lol:Clap::Clap:

Won't take long to complete it, just take the best moves from everybody. You look for certain patterns and make moves from there.

When i am in the zone i can glance at it then have a conversation with eye contact with other people as you just know the moves without having to look.

Back