RTI vs Crestron

sdng

New Member ++
Reaction score
Had an existing Crestron touchscreen programmed for projector and amp power up. After some changes it stopped working and the integrator provided an RTI control processor and iPad app instead. One projector had to be replaced and no longer works with the RTI app.
The question is - now that neither the Crestron or RTI solutions are working, which one should I focus my time on fixing?

I have an RTI T2X which I really don't use. To be honest, I've tried a few different smart remotes and I ALWAYS end up getting rid of them and going back to my Harmony 650. That controller is getting long in the tooth, but has never given me and issue. Plus, the straight forward GUI and lack of touch screen make it a breeze to use.

Thanks - I've always heard good things about the logitech remotes, although I'd rather leverage one of my existing investments than introduce yet another product.

IMHO Crestron devices are far better than RTI, in case of remotes the new one is stunning but its also expensive...

Crestron is the gold standard. But if your original post really describes everything you are trying to accomplish with this system (power amp, control projector), I agree with @UGBRip that a Harmony may well get the job done. Your setup time with a Harmony will be 15 minutes, and it will either fulfill your needs or not. Your setup time with Crestron will be measured in days if not weeks by the time you figure out how to source the software and files, configure your GUI, etc. If, however, you are looking to do much more with your control system, than the time investment in Crestron may be worth it.

Back