RS232 lead (Null Modem Cable)

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
should recieve my dreambox today.

will it include the RS232 lead (Null Modem Cable) which is required to hook up to my pc ?

or do i need to get that seperate ?

cheers

you should be able to connect with just an ethernet lead if it's brand new. i've found the null modem lead is to be used after a bad flash (to use Dreamup) usually that's when you can't ethernet in. ethernt can transmit at 10Mb/s whereas null modem lead uploads at 10k/sec :)

You'd probably pick one up in Maplins if there is one close to you, they are easy enough to make up if your handy with soldering just google for null modem cable wiring diagram and pick the parts up in any electronic hobbiest stores, two femal serial connectors and some mutlicore wire shoud do the trick.

I actually tried to connect it using the ip address but failed to flash it with dreamup so used the null modem cable and it was more straight forward

Romero ;)

OOOHHH, ok fellas.

im gonna try hooking it up to my laptop using an ethernet cable.

once connected, what do i do ?

i have to install anything ??

If you are going to connect it direct to your laptop your will need a cross over cable, if to a router / hub then a straight cable

OOOHHH, ok fellas.

im gonna try hooking it up to my laptop using an ethernet cable.

once connected, what do i do ?

i have to install anything ??

Plenty of stuff in the forum and guides of how to set up db,obviously though you need 20 posts,to unlock it all.

Back