Sensible Topic Royal wedding

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Am i wrong in my view that I'm not that interested in the 'Royal wedding' even though he's probably one of the 'cooler' royals? I just think about the cost were paying out for security, dresses, entertainment for people who i will never meet, never elected, and claim to be blessed by better 'blood' than me ( or is it genetics?) If i ever approached them, even for the mundae thing as directions somewhere, I'd probably be spending the night in some dark hole without due process.

Why do we have to shell out for something most don't care about, would never be invited to when our NHS in so much trouble and there are kids and familes who live in poverty.....

I could rant on but..... i think you get my point.

You set me up for a distasteful joke, it was great, but I best not...

(The punchline was "Same as Harry.")

I'm not bothered about the royal circus either and I'll probably feel more inclined to become a republican when the Queen goes. I do think they do a bit for the tourism economy and international relations though. I can certainly do without Charles.

I'm not bothered about the royal circus either and I'll probably feel more inclined to become a republican when the Queen goes. I do think they do a bit for the tourism economy and international relations though. I can certainly do without Charles.

I read recently that this isn't as important as Royalists seem to think, especially when balanced against the cost to the Public Purse of the whole Royal shebang. Either way I'd agree with you on the future of the Monarchy. I think Liz has done a great job, but I think the public will gradually lose their taste for the whole circus after she's gone.

Last edited:
I read recently that this isn't as important as Royalists seem to think, especially when balanced against the cost to the Public Purse of the whole Royal shebang. Either way I'd agree with you on the future of the Monarchy. I think Liz has done a great job, but I think the public will gradually lose their taste for the whole circus after she's gone.

I haven't looked up how much they cost for a while. Maybe I'll have a quick peek tomorrow.

The normal running cost, and wedding cost will be hidden by Public Interest Immunity and suchlike so the real figure can't be determined. There has been speculation of £30M for the security.

Royal Wedding and Cup Final on a Saturday. What could possibly go wrong?

I haven't looked up how much they cost for a while. Maybe I'll have a quick peek tomorrow.

The normal running cost, and wedding cost will be hidden by Public Interest Immunity and suchlike so the real figure can't be determined. There has been speculation of £30M for the security.

Royal Wedding and Cup Final on a Saturday. What could possibly go wrong?

That 30 million is just a drop in the ocean compared the costs to maintain all the royal residences per year i bet.

Last edited:
Everyone gets money the (Royals/Foreigners) apart from us commoners :rolleyes:

I give it 5 years, 2 chavs later and her looking like her mother and he'll be orf, then we'll get the usual circus about him never
getting over his first love Cressida Parker Lion farquar Bowen Windsor Smith. :(

Sums it up looking at it from another point of view

Attachments

• 20180519_133732.jpg
    20180519_133732.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 18
I'm disgusted..turning up for your wedding,(royal wedding at that)without having a shave....Harry never had one either....Poor show :)

Am i wrong in my view that I'm not that interested in the 'Royal wedding' even though he's probably one of the 'cooler' royals? I just think about the cost were paying out for security, dresses, entertainment for people who i will never meet, never elected, and claim to be blessed by better 'blood' than me ( or is it genetics?) If i ever approached them, even for the mundae thing as directions somewhere, I'd probably be spending the night in some dark hole without due process.

Why do we have to shell out for something most don't care about, would never be invited to when our NHS in so much trouble and there are kids and familes who live in poverty.....

I could rant on but..... i think you get my point.
I agree with your thoughts , but I believe they bring in more money through tourism ect.

...but I believe they bring in more money through tourism ect.

That's a bit like the claim on the side of the Brexit Bus, people tend to believe it because they've been told it.

Apart from the odd occasion like Royal Weddings, people don't come to Britain to see the Queen or her family. If they did they'd be sorely disappointed. They come to see the the history, not the people. It's one of these arguments that's always being trotted out, but doesn't stand up to serious scrutiny.

Back