• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Royal mail standard parcels

Hi guys, i purchased something from this guy he says he has sent it to me on Thursday of last week via Royal mail standard parcels now a week has passed do you think i should believe him how long on average does it take in my experience only around 3-4 days its been more then that. I am very anxious as item cost a fair bit wonder what you lot think should i just wait for item!

witchy

Banned for good!
Sounds like he posted it 2nd class.

But this can happen sometimes, although in my experience anything i post 1st class arrives the next day, as long as it is mainland UK.

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi guys, i purchased something from this guy he says he has sent it to me on Thursday of last week via Royal mail standard parcels now a week has passed do you think i should believe him how long on average does it take in my experience only around 3-4 days its been more then that. I am very anxious as item cost a fair bit wonder what you lot think should i just wait for item!

Royal mail standard parcels can take up to 15 working days m8

Penners

DW Member +
Check with your post office. I posted a parcell a while back. The customer hadn't recieved it and started a paypal dispute. Anyway cut a long story short she went to her sorting office and they had been sitting on it for over a week.

If\when you recieve your parcel check the postage date on it. That will tell you if they have been fibbing or not.

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
if its worth "abit "why didnt you pay a little extra and have it next day or something, plus you could have tracked it

FATBOY

Inactive User
if its worth "abit "why didnt you pay a little extra and have it next day or something, plus you could have tracked it

my thoughts exactly! i would have paid the extra if the item cost a fair bit!

as long as the seller has proof of postage(usually a receipt) then hes covered.

I posted an item to someone using Royal Mail Standard Parcel Service, 2 weeks later the person emailed me asking where it was. I went to the post office to see what had happened, they gave a me a claim form. I waited 3 more days before I made a claim, and with that the buyer contacted me to say they had received the parcel. So believe me, it can take 15 days.