royal mail question

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry to ask such a stupid question

but someone bought some new next baby clothing came to about £40 on there paypal account it gave me the address and postcode WF1 29EE, i sent it 1st class post recorded.

Its been 2 days now and after looking online the post code should of been WF12 9EE, will the digit being in the wrong place delay or stop it gettin there?

Plus i see it as her fault for setting up her paypal account with that layout of her postcode.

Common sense should prevail here as WF1 29EE doesn't exist (well according to Multimap) and WF12 9EE does.

Surely the PO would know this?

Mind you, I always check post codes before sending stuff. It might have been worth your while checking that one as WF1 29EE just doesn't look right?

I'm sure it will arrive at the correct destination though mate? Failing that, it will end up back at your door if it's recorded.

Common sense should prevail here as WF1 29EE doesn't exist (well according to Multimap) and WF12 9EE does.

Surely the PO would know this?

Mind you, I always check post codes before sending stuff. It might have been worth your while checking that one as WF1 29EE just doesn't look right?

I'm sure it will arrive at the correct destination though mate? Failing that, it will end up back at your door if it's recorded.

+1...............

You dont have to enter the space at all, it shouldnt really make a difference.

thanks all

I did ask at the post office at the time, did the post code look correct and they said "some postcodes have 2 numbers on the 2nd half and not the 1st part", so i assummed it was okay, should of checked really but i dont see it as my fault as her paypal clearly shows WF1 29EE, which mistake me if im wrong, but she would of registered that postcode when she set up her paypal account?

Its post recorded so even if it doesnt get there or even come back to me i can make a claim but i still loose out as max claim is £36

mail still arives at its destination even if the postcode is wrong.. but the address has to be tip top :)

WF1 29EE is not a valid postcode. the actual post code is WF129EE with no spaces. the space just makes it easier to read.

It does not matter where the space is.

It will get there ok

If you hadn't put the post code on at all it would probably still have got there... think the PO uses text recognition stuff now and I would assume that if that spat it back out it would be sorted by human.

I think they still have some humans at the PO :) you would like to think they are capable of sussing a slightly dodgy postcode layout...

Back