Royal Mail again

herbs

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm fuming. Been waiting ages for some things off ebay to come and now it seems my moron postman, who can't even spell my name when it's written for him to copy, has nicked them. The little bastard hasn't even been down our road today, I know this as I have been waiting in the front room for him all morning. He delivered a "sorry you were out" on the 9th for an item he claims to have tried to deliver on the 6th. He's crossed out the 6th, put 7th, crossed that out and put 8th. I don't know what the hell he's done. The delivery office haven't had it back at all. I can't even read the item number to attempt to track it. I can't write straight anymore I'm so angry.

To add to this the last thing I tried to send (to a member on here) got lost as well!

Now I have to convince the sellers that I'm not trying to rip them off.

GRRR the statistics of royal mail is they lose a couple of million pieces of mail a year. Its a very scary number. My postman is a complete twit. If the letter is 1mm over the size of the letter box instead of just curling the end and pushing it through he will send it back so i have to go and pick it up. His handwriting is so bad though you cant read anything thats on the card he leaves me

Im sure i seen a program not that long ago about them losing mail. They were dropping of bags of mail hidden supposed to be at peoples doors so the posties could pick them up later in the day. Not exactlly safe !!!

The worst thing is that you are right; parcels going missing can be entirely down to one useless postman.

I ordered some goods a while back. The postman came to my door and knocked, but I just missed him. I watched him getting into his van and driving away, and that was the last I seen of him or the package. He didn't leave a slip or anything.

So far royal mail have lost
Wifes Sewing machine, sent back to shop for a repair.
2 xbox's
1 ps2
1x car cdtuner

But had compensation, but took ages to pay up.

Parcels2go
no problems so far.

they make me sick with the amount of stuff that gets nicked....i'm not even going to start to rant on this with all the stuff i've had stolen, either sending or receiving it

I sent a parcel to a member on here through staples (dhl).
They admitted it had been stolen but after 6 weeks closed the case and I got nothing, Staples didn't want to know either.

our old 1 was cool but latest 1 looks dodgy, one of those guys u wudnt like to meet in a dark alley way that wud do anything just to get his weed fix, nothing stolen so far but half my mail now comes half ripped open on the sides

That is scary stuff, I must have been lucky so far. I've just moved house and in the old house we had an outside letter box cos we had sealed up the door one cos the dogs kept eating the post - not good when there were cheques or cards inside. Despite the outside box, the postie would still occassionally try to force the post through the sealed box, sometimes with a little success - until the dog grabbed the other side and ripped it to shreds! The new postie also has to use the outside box which we took with us when we moved and hes seems to have got the hang of it okay so far, more than can be said for the paperbot though so I may have to seal the door one at the new house now!!

Lads, I'm actually a postman & have been for almost 20 years. Comments like some of the ones you have made used to make my blood boil, but sadly I know that what was once a great mail service is becomming a second rate joke now.

When I first joined I actually had to sign the official secrets act. Nowadays I doubt most of the entrants can even read it nevermind sign it!

I don't accept the first comment though. The public are too quick to assume "postie's nicked it". It happens of course, as it does in all walks of life, but you shouldn't be so quick to accuse your local postie. The parcel was probably put back into the system and has been lost (or yes stolen) elsewhere.

We aren't all total morons either. Some of us do have common sense. I do everything possible to offload parcels when I'm on delivery (as do 99% of postie's), I don't want to walk for miles with parcels weighing down my bag.

The really bad news is I can only see the service getting worse I'm afraid. The heads at rm are pushing for later starts. A while ago we were out on our walks delivering mail before most folk went to work. Now we are aren't allowed to leave our office until 8.30-9.00. The big boys even want to delay us further now, and that would mean we wont be leaving until around 10.00!!!
This will probably mean severely pissed off postie's refusing to work over their official working time... resulting in your post being sent back to the office and being delivered the following day (if your'e lucky that is).

hi

i sent a parcal to germany should of been 4-7 days took 4 week and it was crushed good job i insured it. ******S

woz

Back