Roy Hodgson new manager of Liverpool!

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
Well its more and less official now.

What you lot reckon good decision to appoint him?

I think he is a good manager but he won't win you the league any time soon!

Well its more and less official now.

What you lot reckon good decision to appoint him?

I think he is a good manager but he won't win you the league any time soon!
me i think he is a wank

Don't think he's the man for the job either, he's been sacked or left more clubs rock bottom than won honours although he has what some might consider success at clubs. I.e. best ever finishes & relegation survival.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/237270/

Although I never wanted this guy, at least he has Premiership experience and if he is appointed I will get right behind him, because if he fails Liverpool fails.

At least he is not Phil Brown ( he must be waiting for the Man U job)

I just had a look at the thread you refer too, and cant believe you think David Moyes is not good enough to manage Liverpool, I don't know if that's down to the rivalry between you and Everton, but what he's done on a fraction of what you've spent on players is remarkable and he deserves the chance to move to a bigger club, I'd have him before Hodgson that's for sure.

:Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want him at Anfield either too old what has he done to prove his worth to be appointed? I did want King Kenny though as I think he would have brought back the old boot room feel to the club and the players would have played for him too. I just hope the new owners when they come in are willing to spend the money that we so desperately need.

Poor choice but only choice I think

You sack one of the best managers in Europe (hugely respected around the globe), you have no money to promise a new man, your star players making noises about leaving and new owners could be just round the corner

I wonder why no top men where lining up!

I hope he can get it together, because despite last seasons terrible form, we still have a good team - We sent more players to the world cup than ant other english club!

YNWA!:Clap:

I don't want to state the obvious but I'm afraid I have to - Liverpool's problems on the pitch started the moment they sold Xabi Alonso and although they bought Aquilani he isn't a suitable replacement for the role that Alonso played. He was the only major release in that off season period and Liverpool go from a team that finished runners up and only just pipped to the title to a team that finishes nearer to mid table than not and with a whole host of problems piled on because of it. Just goes to show you what 1 quality midfielder can do for your team. I'd say Alonso was indispensable for you and yet Rafa flogged him.

Probably all down to the money or lack of it since that's usually where things start and stop with regards to players in and out. But imho until Liverpool find a replacement for Alonso then they will suffer from the same issues. And Hodgson won't much improve things but I hope for Liverpool's sake that I'm wrong and he does. Because you can't afford to lose Gerrard or Torres.

I genuinely believe it's do or die for Liverpool FC this season.....

I don't want to state the obvious but I'm afraid I have to - Liverpool's problems on the pitch started the moment they sold Xabi Alonso and although they bought Aquilani he isn't a suitable replacement for the role that Alonso played. He was the only major release in that off season period and Liverpool go from a team that finished runners up and only just pipped to the title to a team that finishes nearer to mid table than not and with a whole host of problems piled on because of it. Just goes to show you what 1 quality midfielder can do for your team. I'd say Alonso was indispensable for you and yet Rafa flogged him.

Probably all down to the money or lack of it since that's usually where things start and stop with regards to players in and out. But imho until Liverpool find a replacement for Alonso then they will suffer from the same issues. And Hodgson won't much improve things but I hope for Liverpool's sake that I'm wrong and he does. Because you can't afford to lose Gerrard or Torres.

I genuinely believe it's do or die for Liverpool FC this season.....
problem is rafa didnt sell alonso alonso didnt want to stay

its like saying SAF sold ronaldo

i dont hold out much hope for us with a ****** like hodgson
he did take fulham to a euro cup final now dont tell me they didnt play out of there skin

but why didnt he do the same with blackburn???

They both sold at the end of the day though, they might not have wanted to stay but they were bound by contract. So the clubs had every right to say no you're staying but rather than keep an unhappy player on mega wages producing nothing they both sold and took the money.....understandably.

Also it's obvious you pre dislike Roy Hodgson before he's even stepped foot into Anfield. His face might not fit and you can focus on the negative and say he didn't do it with Blackburn but he certainly worked wonders at Fulham regardless. Just wait and see what he does with your team and then hate him if he doesn't improve things....you never know he might surprise you lol.

Also it's obvious you pre dislike Roy Hodgson before he's even stepped foot into Anfield. His face might not fit and you can focus on the negative and say he didn't do it with Blackburn but he certainly worked wonders at Fulham regardless.

I know what your saying and he probably deserves a chance, he did take a relatively poor Inter side to a UEFA cup final too, however you've got to remember that Jack Walker brought him to Blackburn only 2 years after Kenny Dalglish won the premiership with them, he done well in his first season but blew millions on mediocre players and Blackburn were rock bottom when he was sacked.

His career has been up and down to say the least :)

As I remember it Benitez attempted to sell Alonso the previous season in order to get Gareth Barry in lmfao. That's why Alonso didnt want to stay !
I think Hodgsons appointment is about as good as it's gonna get just now especially in the current financial climate. May not win the league just yet but could produce a decent cup side. Cant see him doing what he did at blackburn this time round as the previous ballbag has spent all the money. Wonder how the Fernandos and stevies are gonna take the news tho ??

I agree about alonso what a loss... worse thing is wenger would not pay 17 million to liverpool the fooker would not go above 16 million :(

What a ****** (wenge) tight git!!!

Back to topic lol.

I like hodgeson and you have to give the man a chance... liverpool still have good players at anfield... I would let the guy have a go.

I understand why the liverpool faithful are a little upset he is not jose murinhio.

Mickie

I actually think Hodgson will do a good job for Liverpool, due to the owners Liverpool have a limited budget, he should be able to work with that and will probably get those players regarded as a waste of space that Rafa collected and get them to perform decently at the very least.

We'll see what he does with the team over next 2 seasons (if they keep him on that long that is)

If Hodgson becomes Liverpool Manager, I'll give him time before giving my opinion. Sometimes Managers need time to get things right, if they're lucky then some don't.

Alonso was certainly a massive loss and had a major impact on last season. :(

I think it's a massive step backwards for Liverpool

Liverpool fans actually thought they had a chance of getting Jose, lmfao. Am sure some of the Liverpool fans on here knew that was never going to happen just wish they explained that to some of my scouser mates who think the newspapers speak the truth.

Anyway back to the thread in hand, MODS shouldnt this be moved to the fun and laughter room? Someone is having a laugh with this whole Hodgson Liverpool story.................right????????????

Liverpool fans actually thought they had a chance of getting Jose, lmfao. Am sure some of the Liverpool fans on here knew that was never going to happen just wish they explained that to some of my scouser mates who think the newspapers speak the truth.

Anyway back to the thread in hand, MODS shouldnt this be moved to the fun and laughter room? Someone is having a laugh with this whole Hodgson Liverpool story.................right????????????

Nope sooly it's looking more an more like fact Hodgerpool actually exists...lmao
Still worth moving to fun and laughter tho
I can see headlines right now "Hodgerfools suffer title blow as Fulham run out 3-1 winners" Sods law

Back