Rover 25 + lpg gas

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Rover 25 + lpg gas,,

Looking for a bit of help

I have owned a rover 25 on a 05 reg for the past 2 years which is fitted with a lpg conversion kit, professionally installed at time of manufacture

when i accelerate hard passed 4 thousand revs ,it will hesitate when running on lpg after a slight hesitation it will auto switch back to petrol then accelerates passed 4 thousand revs as normal , when I have reached my desired speed and start cruising it will auto switch back to lpg

So to fix the above error I did a mini service on it , changed the , sparkplugs, distributor cap, oil filter, air filter,etc

after doing this it now accelerating as normal and I cannot feel any hesitation whatsoever but looking at the lpg indicator light it still switching back to petrol at 4 thousand revs

is this normal behavior for LPG system as now without looking at the LPG indicator light I would not know it's switching back to petrol

so might have just not noticed this behavior before the hesitation problem

edit
the lpg system fitted is the fuel injection type

cheers for any help

Last edited:
Did you change the LGP system filters, as it could be underfuling due to a blocked filter, hance it being switched back to petrol.

Also check the oil cap for any gue and is the car using coolent as rover 25 are common for blowing headgaskets, and this would cause a stutter ect ect

it has to be on the gas side, if there is a problem as when it running on petrol it's fine

good point about the lpg filter i did not know there had one ,,i will see if i can find it

i have been playing about with cars for the last 20 odd years but this is the 1st time i have played about with lpg so it a bit of a catch up game on this type of system

ah no worries just though i'd mention it lol im not sure if that sort problem would be more noticable on LPG/Petrol lol

Google the make of LPG system and see if you get any results for their website might be some info on their

cheers

right then digging up a old post of mine

i have just got round to having a better look at my gas system and have traced the gas lines from the tank to the engine and the only thing that i could see that might have a filter in it is in the pic ,,would just like some one to say yes or no as i would hate to take it to bits to find out it not got one in it

SAM_0391.JPG

Last edited:
I've no idea mate, Might be worth poping into a LGP fitter in your area they would be able to tell you for sure!

Looking at the pic is looks like it would hold a filter of somekind..

if it not there then i am at a lost where it is ,,,would not think it would be this hard to change a filter

Back