Router with loopback ?

Steve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know of any routers that allow loopback ?

The Netgear RP614v2 does, well with the firmware mine has anyway which is Netgear firmware but I don't know if they changed it in later versions.

weird ... netgear claim their routers do not support loopback

will look into this .. thanks

I'm using firmware 5.20 _RC3NA Apr 23 2004 this firmware has the fix for the router hanging problem which affected this model.

I can connect to services on my network using my external IP address from networked machines with internal Ip addresses. I tested my FTP server like that recently and I can connect to my games server using the external IP addy from within the network. The router has the firewall on and is properly configured :). I can tracert my own IP and see the UBR at the headend.

sounds good then ... looks like Netgear do not know their own products then .... lol

will look into this even more and report back here in a few days

again .... thanks for your help

by looks of it that model is for cable

apologies should have stated must have built in modem

D-link
DI-614+ rev A
DI-614+ rev B
DI-624

Linksys
BEFSR41
BEFSX41
BEFSR81
BEFW11S4
WRT54G

Netgear
FM114P
FR114P
FR114W
RP614v2
WGR614v2
WGR614v4

Other
SMC 7004ABR

Symantec Firewall/VPN Appliance 100

NiKEUS said:
D-link
DI-614+ rev A
DI-614+ rev B
DI-624

Linksys
BEFSR41
BEFSX41
BEFSR81
BEFW11S4
WRT54G

Netgear
FM114P
FR114P
FR114W
RP614v2
WGR614v2
WGR614v4

Other
SMC 7004ABR

Symantec Firewall/VPN Appliance 100
you are saying all those allow loopback ?

reason i ask is that supliers i have contacted (and manufacturers) claim none of their routers support loopback yet you list quite a few.

ADDED: looked at a couple of this list and seems they do not have built in modem

A lot of routers support "loopback" of viewing web requests, but many don't support other requests.
It really depends on what you want to do exactly.

Spectre said:
Is it an ADSL modem/router you need Steve?
yep ... unfortunately ... seems cable would be no problem but because need adsl that is where problem lies

think will give up as can't risk buying any in case doesn't support loopback

Steve said:
yep ... unfortunately ... seems cable would be no problem but because need adsl that is where problem lies

think will give up as can't risk buying any in case doesn't support loopback
don't most major retailers have like a 14 day money back guarantee like staples.

Back