Routers Router for caravan (unlimited data sim)

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of workmate. Fella i work with goes to his caravan often. He has an android box and is wanting it hooked up there, the place were caravan is does offer internet but i dont think speeds would good and its expensive.
He has got a price of a company to supply router with 12 months internet for £150, apparently its reduced to that price and was £250. The speeds he was told he would get was around 8 to 10mbps.
(unsure if its unlimited)

But was thinking would it not be better for him to get his own router and put a 4G sim card in it? It would need to be unlimited data.
If so what would be best router for him and best sim deal that offers unlimited data?

(Thanks river)

3 where doing always on sim at £20 per month but that was 12 month contract, I think gift gaff do a unlimited internet for around £20 that is 02 but think there may be something about restricted tethering after a certain amount of data.

I got a Vodafone some deal 16 a month 100gb data unlimited txt calls but stuck it in a dongle. £20 off eBay I get 50 meg speed on 4g. I use it at caravan works a treat

Some pics

Attachments

• 9D7CF82E-A251-43FC-B4D3-DB84C853DEA5.jpeg
    9D7CF82E-A251-43FC-B4D3-DB84C853DEA5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • F41F4BE4-E864-4703-9A6E-576A79C367C6.jpeg
    F41F4BE4-E864-4703-9A6E-576A79C367C6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
I got a Vodafone some deal 16 a month 100gb data unlimited txt calls but stuck it in a dongle. £20 off eBay I get 50 meg speed on 4g. I use it at caravan works a treat
Seen some of them deals mate.
But last time i took a reading of my modem with streaming 720p it used roughly 1GB per hour, so 100 hours that would be. Personally i would not use that if i was away a few times a month, but thinking unlimited would give extra piece of mind. Although the speeds your getting on sim is great!!
What type of router is that mate?

I tried a 3 unlimited data one but the speeds at the caravan were shit. So it got cancelled and sent back

I only use the caravan at weekends so 100gb should be enough. I also set Netflix to lower quality streaming

I use a huawei e5186 for my internet at home since miband is the only option I have to get over 1mb DL.

I get about 45-70mb DL in off-peak times and between 5-25 in peak times.

Also using a 3 mobile SIM that is supposed to have a 15GB cap per month but been massively exceeding(sometimes 1TB) that for years now and never had any issues. This is well known in the miband community in Ireland that 3 don't care or know if you go over the fair usage of 15GB on there so called unlimited plan.

If you are suffering with low speeds you can get an aerial that will boost your signal. Some friends have went from 1-2mb without aerial to 50+ with it so they can make a massive difference.

Back