roundabouts vs. traffic lights

The sooner cars become fully automated the better :)

Take the human aspect out of driving and we'll all be much safer :)

I know, thats the only way forward too many accidents, personal injury scams etc... sooner the better also we need those cars where the wheels can turn 90 degrees and they can park themselves :)

Exactly, thats why traffic lights which are either go or no go are a better solution, obviously they have to be timed fairly, etc... you cant trust humans, weird creatures...

Be honest, how many times have you come to a set of lights that have failed, and the flow of traffic is a lot better than when they have been working?

Be honest, how many times have you come to a set of lights that have failed, and the flow of traffic is a lot better than when they have been working?

lol, honestly, only once and they were those temporary lights for road works and I didnt realise so I waited I didnt know they werent plugged in properly

NEVER!

It's a fooking nightmare when lights aren't working, people pushing through, hesitant people blocking lanes, arrrgh!

lol, honestly, only once and they were those temporary lights for road works and I didnt realise so I waited I didnt know they werent plugged in properly

Last week I came up to a set of temp lights for roadworks.

Funny thing was, the only thing blocking the road was the traffic lights, dopey roadworkers!!

You should have seen edinburgh last night. The tram works cut out the lights for the west end, charlotte square and lothian road.

It didnt get sorted until today, the traffic was in chaos untill 2100 last night with 45 minute delays...

You should have seen edinburgh last night. The tram works cut out the lights for the west end, charlotte square and lothian road.

It didnt get sorted until today, the traffic was in chaos untill 2100 last night with 45 minute delays...

Driving in Edinburgh is an absolute joke.

It must be one of the most driver unfriendly cities I've ever drove in.

Best thing about it is the road out...once you get past the bloody camera'a at Sighthill that is :)

My experience of Edinburgh driving is driving nose-to-tail from one set of lights to another, pedestrians are always faster.

:(

Driving in Edinburgh is an absolute joke.

It must be one of the most driver unfriendly cities I've ever drove in.

Best thing about it is the road out...once you get past the bloody camera'a at Sighthill that is :)
if you can get that far atm.

The rate its going now, you will be able to get the tram to either Ocean Terminal or the Gyle.... One of the dubious benefits of the tram is that we will be losing a few of our bus routes - like for instance all the ones that go across the city.

Naturally, private vehicles will have restricted access, so for anything else you will need a cab.

Oh, and to top it all off - nearly everyone in the west end living near the tram works will likely need their water mains replaced as well.

I love traffic lights.

As a biker I say more roundabouts and less traffic lights as its quicker journeys for me lol. I can get off the mark quicker than most

Back