Ronaldo may consider Spanish move

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo says he may consider his future at the club after next week's Champions League final.

The 23-year-old, who has scored 41 goals in a superb season, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

"I'm happy here, but let's see what happens after the Champions League final," said Ronaldo, speaking to Spanish TV at United's training ground. "I know Real Madrid like how I play and other teams in Spain do as well."

Ronaldo won the Football Writers' Association award on Thursday to make it a clean sweep of the English player-of-the-year prizes this season.

"I have said millions of times that I would love to play in Spain," Ronaldo is widely reported to have told Antena 3.

"But it's one thing to dream and another thing for it to be a reality.

"I am feeling calm here. I'm happy here but in the future I don't know."

Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to sign the Portugal international, with their coach Bernd Schuster describing Ronaldo as "the best player in the world" earlier this year.

On Wednesday, Miguel Angel Arroyo, Real Madrid's general director, said: "We have the solvency and the financial liquidity to be able to take on a signing of the magnitude of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It would be economically beneficial due to the merchandising that would arise from it."

Real have signed big names from United in recent seasons, with David Beckham and Ruud van Nistelrooy both moving from Old Trafford to the Bernabeu.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7404089.stm

Published: 2008/05/16 06:52:22 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Well money talks as they say. I think the one thing which would stop him is he said he would never again play in the same team as Van Nistleroy.
I think he will stay though.

Not great timing and not the best news you want ot hear as a Utd fan. With Fergie at OT im pretty convinced he'll still be with us next season...

Fingers crossed....

His interview was SOOOO BLOWN out of proportion..

yes he said he will like to play in Spain.. it doesnt mean he is gona leave in the summer..
Jeezusss....

I,m finding it a little to digest but as usual me thinks usual interveiw/paper propaganda.........Happens every year when season finishes:Cheers:

I think he will stay for at least 2 more years until he's 25 then he will probably think about moving over to la liga, but i hope he stays until his contract finishes in 2012.

But if he is set on leaving after his contract expires i think united will probably sell him with year or so to go so they can some good cash

wish i was ronnie, would sign a contract for life wth Man Utd, why would he want to move to a lower european league than the premiership. lol

i heard these stories for years now, Madrid, barcellona gonna buy the best players in the world e.t.c. its all propaganda for the presidentail elections at these football clubs.

I for one can't see him moving yet! He will stay the interview he gave was not to british press but some foreign network. I have no doubt he will stay as currently United is the best club for him. His success isn't just his own work it takes team effort and he has stated that on many occasions. I for one expect him to stay!

One day he does have the desire to play abroad in Spain then i hope he doesn't chose Real i'd rather he went to Barcelona when he is 33 or something lol!

Back