Rom 11 reBO1 hassle

AlanFAT

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi!

Ok I'm so lame, I have 2 NtHell Original Rom 11 Rev BO1
With the Smartcard zipcode showing 0000 in the engineers menu
and one has 65grands worth of Credit wich makes me thing it has been used b4?!

Card status says CANNOT DECODE

I've read up on all the tutorials I can but I cant read the cards in my TMC Serial programmer (pheonix version)

(I made the serial cable for it and tried x-wiring the rx/tx and visa versa but it worked for my old 2000 box thru libby no probs.)

I get no ATR string thingy and not much else.

I also cant get the Scat to Serial adaptor working through libby on my 4000
tis a bit annoying!

Any Ideas or what extra info would I need? has it been lockedor anything?

Thanx in advance.

With that much credit then the card has obviously been played with at some point. An unmodified card would usually have £32 or less credit on the card. Its possible the card has some sort of blocker on board but you really can't tell that untill you get further !

You first job is to make sure you can get an ATR from the card. Without that you have no chance of going any further. The fact that the stb is displaying information would imply the cards are working and any problem is with your reader/serial cable/pc setup.

I got a new Serial cable asthe other one didnt have all pins connected, must have needed some handshake stuff in there to not just tx rx and gnd. Read one of my cards (the one wth all the credit) and got this

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 31 20 52 65 76 42 30 31 49
ROM Revision: 011
EEPROM Revision: RevB01
ProviderID: 00
CamID: 00 00 00 00
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BD3 login failed
Reading ROM11 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

I tried reading in romstudio and it wouldnt let me log in with the nagra method without the bd password I tried all the 8's or 0's and xncs says it cant dump card.

Any Ideas?

Again, thanx in advance. For the info and the patience!!

Really? Even though it read the other info in the box and above?

Ah bugger, better try another then!

i had a card it was Provider 5C01 i unlocked it and then when i went to read it the Provider went to Provider ID 00 some how i really thort the card fooked but then i thort ill write a rom11 image to it and it went back to Provider ID 5C01

jase02476 said:
i had a card it was Provider 5C01 i unlocked it and then when i went to read it the Provider went to Provider ID 00 some how i really thort the card fooked but then i thort ill write a rom11 image to it and it went back to Provider ID 5C01

Did you get a BD3 login failed???
Nagraedit or Romstudio would never write unless it dumped the BD3 first

i dont think i got a BD3 login failed i think it got as far as Attempting to login to BD3 then it just froze so i tryed mrom to repair it then it was ok but the Provider ID went to 40 so thats when i thort ill write a rom11 image to it and it went back to Provider ID 5C01

Last edited:
Back