rom 11 au blockered image

cushy17

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
i am trying to do my first mosc. i only have one card and dont want it fooked. i have read elsewhere there is an image that will not get hit and also updates. is this true and if so would any 1 like to share it
thanks in advance
cushy17

@ice - the problem with realistic images, as I found to my cost last week when I had a card hit, is that I think a check must be done on the 'modified' date - so you may have a realistic image running quite happily and then suddenly find the card is fried. I can't remember what I'd set the date to (and obviously can't check as the card can no longer be read) - but for now I've gone back to a 'stupid unrealistic image with a blocker on it'. If you do use a unblockered image then that's fine so long as you remember to regularly update the modified date so that it doesn't slip too far into the past - and I'm afraid I'm not organised enough to trust myself :)

I guess if your doing it properly then the rights date should be about a month ahead and when you change it after a month you could/should change the modification date too but as you say thing could be forgotten.

@ice - the problem with realistic images, as I found to my cost last week when I had a card hit, is that I think a check must be done on the 'modified' date - so you may have a realistic image running quite happily and then suddenly find the card is fried. I can't remember what I'd set the date to (and obviously can't check as the card can no longer be read) - but for now I've gone back to a 'stupid unrealistic image with a blocker on it'. If you do use a unblockered image then that's fine so long as you remember to regularly update the modified date so that it doesn't slip too far into the past - and I'm afraid I'm not organised enough to trust myself :)

Pretty much the only date checking going on is a quick check to decide if a tier is still active or if it has expired. If it has expired then it is ignored but if active then then min/max channel range is checked.

So, as long as you use correct min/max channels then all should be ok

At the moment, dates are just a precautionary thing that you should get into the habit of changing once a month.

Easiest method is to get yourself 3 cards. That way you can set one for the coming month, one for the month after and one for the month after that. Swap to the next card when the previous one expires. When you have two expired cards you can change the dates on those at your leisure (knowing you have a month to do it)

So if that's the case, why should my card suddenly get hit after being up for a couple fo months??

how do we produce a good blocker so that it don't get fried?

how do we produce a good blocker so that it don't get fried?

The problem with blockers is that they can be of much of a hinderance as they can be useful. In some cases, the present blockers that i've seen effectively turn your Mosc card into little more than an ATMega due to the fact that they simply block all Emm's except for ones that match the current keyroll pattern. They may stop your card getting fried (and tbh, thats a mute point as there are usually methods to detect and kill blockered cards) but they certainly dont guarantee continual uninterrupted use.

Other types of blockers allow Emm's but block writes to certain key EEprom locations. Again, these can often be defeated simply by supplying their own EEprom write code thus bypassing the blocker altogether.

The safest way with Mosc cards is to do it properly and keep your cards realistic and updated. Reading the card from a subbed box every few months (using TierInfoLite or equivelent) is a very good way of making sure that your Mosc cards maintain accuracy.

Pretty much the only date checking going on is a quick check to decide if a tier is still active or if it has expired. If it has expired then it is ignored but if active then then min/max channel range is checked.

So, as long as you use correct min/max channels then all should be ok

At the moment, dates are just a precautionary thing that you should get into the habit of changing once a month.

Easiest method is to get yourself 3 cards. That way you can set one for the coming month, one for the month after and one for the month after that. Swap to the next card when the previous one expires. When you have two expired cards you can change the dates on those at your leisure (knowing you have a month to do it)

2 months is more than enough,,i set mine at 2..and all ok at the mo..touch wood....(were,s me head)..lol.:FRIGHT:

i have a pace 4010 and a rom11 card, i got a custom image from a friend and it hasnt went down once in 18 months

Back