Rogero CEX-4.40 v2.05 !!!RELEASED!!!

Re: Rogero CEX-4.21 CFW !!!RELEASED!!!

There are now tools to re-sign PSN content for the new 4.30 CFW.

Thanks mate, so from 3.55 to 4.30 CFW? and you think I'll the be able to log into PSN and get netflix? I'm not that bothered about the games to tell you the truth, navix and netflix would be wicked.

Sorry for the hijack but quite an interesting topic.

just noticed this on the link

Guys with FAT consoles Please stop Updating to v1.09 until I get some FAT consoles myself and do more testings.

doh! lolol....sorry about that.

To the OP, I've added this to the original post.

Well I might as well download and have a go at the

(Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.03 with PlayStation Home Fix) + multiMAN ver 04.10.00 + Showtime 04.01.208

I'm currently on PS3_355_KMEAW_CFW, so just install this over the top of it?

-------------------------------------------

Alternative Way ( CFW4.21/4.30 --> Recovery Menu --> CFW4.30

You can try updating from CFW4.21/4.30 to CFW4.30 v1.04 from Recovery Mode.

If it didn't work, then you'll have to use the first Proper Way ( CFW4.21/4.30 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.30 v1.04 )

I'd do this, dont take shortcuts and follow below. also read everything in the link below

Tortuga Cove • View topic - Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.04 / multiMAN ver 04.11.11 / Showtime 04.01.208

1- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
2- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
3- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
4- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install any CFW 3.55/4.21/4.30.

Thanks mate,

After reading though that would seem that it's part of the instructions after you have "downgraded" ?

Then a little bit later on it's got the

-updating from CFW3.55

(If your on any other CFW newer than 3.55 then downgrade back to regero CEX3.55 v3.7 using the guide.)

Start the ps3 in recovery menu and install 3.55 OFW and then once on the orginial OFW 3.55 start back into recovery and then update to CFW4.30 v1.04?

Just being lazy and that but as I'm on 3.55 any way then I think I can miss out the other parts?

I went straight from 3.55 KMEAW to 4.30 CFW via the recovery mode, and everything seems fine

I was just about to upgrade there and then one of the members sent me the "netflix" for 3.55......oh yesum! I'll be trying it the night me thinks.

Will report back.

I might upgrade the other one as where that one is I have a billion media streaming devices......no need for netflix on that one and that one too is on 3.55

Can you get on PSN with it? (sorry if you've all ready covered that mate)

You can go straight from 3.55 to 4.30 in recovery, it may work it may not.

If it works all well and good, if it fails I bet you will have wished you done it the way as stated following the instructions written by the guy who released the firmware.

have faith Shaun mate..If netflix works then I'll be keeping one on 3.55 and the other can get updated....:)

Last edited:

netflix still needs PSN access.....

Netflix packages for 3.55 users you will still need PSN access to use them as Netflix requires you to sign in but for all of you that have a Netflix account and want to use it on 3.55 you will need to install sen enabler for your CFW to enable PSN access then install the Netflix package........

I've downloaded and run the toggle_qa.pkg file and have that working, I can get to the hidden menu's so far so good....:)

Think I'll follow the tut as suggested. :)

20121117_004417.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Last edited:

new version out.... ;)

*updated in 1st post of this thread*

Updated mine, wouldn't let me do it via dash...so system restore, power off and the like.

Just check your "checksum" had a failed attempt when copied over to a "J" drive. The one in red was the failed one...must have lost some bits on the fly copy.

02-12-201222-45-18.jpg

all updated and now I have the full "Shabba" back, so BBC I Player, and all that on-line stuff that's been missing from 3.55 CFW :)

I went straight from 3.55 KMEAW to 4.30 CFW via the recovery mode, and everything seems fine

Me too straight from 3.55 KMEAW to 4.30 CFW and everything is fine. (PS3 Slim 320GB)

Must say QA does not work on KMEAW so you would have to go to another CFW before installing QA and then to V4.30 CFW

Rogero_CEX_4.30_v2.05.PUP is out :)

Rogero CFW4.30 v2.05
* Changed the [app_home/PS3_GAME] IPF Name and Icon to show as "ToolBox" now so we don't have duplicate "IPF" entries on XMB.
* Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player module to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content ( Credits to Team Rebug for the module )
* Added the new patches that allowed the return of the Original "*Install Package Files" and "Install All Packages", Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
* Updated Dean's "*Install Package files" (Toolbox in v2.05) on [app_home] to the latest version that doesn't requires additional HDD space or a PS3 Restart anymore.
* All the previous features of version 2.03 are all preserved.

For all the users that are having the Singstar Icon on XMB, please know that this is a pure Original FW 4.30/4.31 feature and
it seems it is only showing for Europe users when they connect the PS3 to the internet.

Last edited:

Just to say i have now upgraded to Rogero 4.40 CEX 1.3 and all is good so far

Back