Road Tax, why should i pay full whack ??

the fuel in france is slighty lower than r's and there road tax is in with the fuel ..if they do the same here it will be well over 2 quid a litre , people paying 7 quid to travel 30 miles on average .. country will be well on its arse then

perhaps not, the people who drive less would end up paying less road tax.

thats the point ive been making since post 1, lol, there is something far far wrong when a person who does 3 or 4000 miles a year has to pay the same road tax fund amount as say a guy who has a car that his whole family use and does maybe 300,000 miles per year, lol, summits not quite right man :(

Well iam writing to the PM one way or the other and asking for a detailed description of why a man who parks his car in his own private driveway off the public road for most of the cars life (he only does 3000miles per year) is charged the same money for road tax as a man who parks his car on the public road most of its life and does 300,000 miles per year, thats the question iam going to plainly put to him.

AND all you lot and everyone else should complain in writing too.

When shall we start moaning about car insurance? :)

ive got a pug 306 1.9dt n reg,ive had it for 6 years when i bought it it had 58k on clock now its done 80k i still have to pay full amount on road tax which is 101.00 pounds a year for six months,and as for insurance i got a quote for a eco car 1000cc,35 quid a year road tax,cost 60 more on insurence then me pug

feckin car insurance is the biggist shame ,wife has 20yrs clean licence full NCB and her insurance never goes down.

For once, I actually agree with you Slasher (not with the little weird bit at the end of your 1st post...) Road Tax is a Scam... I only do about 5000 miles a year tops, I have done in total 13,000 miles in the 3 years I have had my car, the road tax is rediculous especially since, I only drive to work and back, I see lots of speed cameras every where collecting even more funds... I get to work never have any parking space, have parking ticket folks lurking around as soon as I pull up, I then also pay over a grand a year for my car insurance and thats with 3 years no claims bonus :(

If you add up fuel, tax & insurance for me for the year...

Tax - £180?
Fuel - £20 per week * 52 Weeks
Insurance - £1000 +

= £2220 Approx per Annum just to get to work...

For once, I actually agree with you Slasher (not with the little weird bit at the end of your 1st post...) Road Tax is a Scam... I only do about 5000 miles a year tops, I have done in total 13,000 miles in the 3 years I have had my car, the road tax is rediculous especially since, I only drive to work and back, I see lots of speed cameras every where collecting even more funds... I get to work never have any parking space, have parking ticket folks lurking around as soon as I pull up, I then also pay over a grand a year for my car insurance and thats with 3 years no claims bonus :(

Tax - £180?
Insurance - £1000 +

yea mate i know, its disgusting....!

Tax - £180?
Insurance - £1000 +

how much would it cost u to take public transport?

@slasher

it your choice m8 to only do your anual millage you can use it a lot more if u want to.

i think the pay as u go method would not so clever as it would be another way for them just to add in cost without you really noticing it on a daily basis.

bit like if you pay for seperate travel each day rather than buy a weekly, monthly or yearly pass it would cost you a lot more.

be carefull for what you wish for yo might just get it and the gras isnt always greener on the other side.

i do agree that road tax is a sham, the state of the roads if a fecking disgrace and it cant be really that expensive now as families now have 2 an 3 vehicles, so they must be able to afford it.

buy a vespa or lammy to goto work, genuine lammy probbaly tax free due to being classic vehicle and if a newer scoot road tax a year is £33 for a 200cc and upto 100 milesto the gallon might fit your use more.

I cant take public transport as I run several businesses, I usually have to go to suppliers after work every 2 days usually, it would take 3 buses to get to work and I would have to go into town and then back out again to get to the suppliers about 4 buses to the suppliers :)

Im not really ranting though, I just think its a lot of money for pretty much nothing, there are speed cameras everywhere on my route and yet, I have never seen anyone speeding or any accidents there ever before the cameras... Also the roads have massive bumps, I nearly broke my poor merc driving down a normal road because there was a giant hole in the middle, 9 months on and its still there, everyone has to drive around it...

I cant take public transport as I run several businesses, I usually have to go to suppliers after work every 2 days usually, it would take 3 buses to get to work and I would have to go into town and then back out again to get to the suppliers about 4 buses to the suppliers :)

Im not really ranting though, I just think its a lot of money for pretty much nothing, there are speed cameras everywhere on my route and yet, I have never seen anyone speeding or any accidents there ever before the cameras... Also the roads have massive bumps, I nearly broke my poor merc driving down a normal road because there was a giant hole in the middle, 9 months on and its still there, everyone has to drive around it...

no m8 i agree i was not having a go, i was just wanting to know because if the goverment want to take us out of our cars they have to make it finacially feasable. so e.g you cost £2200 per year.

for me at that cost to use public transport would have to be at least a third cheaper or more and just wanted a comaprrison as i guessing at your last post by number of buses etc it moght not even be cheaper.

so for most pppl the current system might be the lesser of 2 evils.

I dont think I could cope with taking the buses, lol, It only actually takes me about 15 mins to get to work, as there are a couple of small roads that lead to the main road, so its not that far, however I know with the buses it would take me forever just to get there :) I would have to walk about 10 mins to the nearest bus stop then catch the bus to the end of our area, then another one that goes to the main road which is only about 3 stops away then the main one that would go down the main road straight to work :)

I just dont understand the actual road tax system because they dont seem to do anything about the roads that the road tax is supposed to be for :) I remember the road by my grandmas house was always being worked on when I was a kid, every couple of months they would resurface some portion of it, its a main road with a lot of traffic, now instead there are speed cameras there and ditches you could park a bus in... I havent seen any road works there in years, so I just dont get where my road tax is going, they are just collecting even more money with speed cameras everywhere :)

i have a small family, me wife kid and dog so i dont need a big car. but we will become a bigger family if i end up neededing a larger car for that then i will try and find one that is the cheapest to own.

that aint gonna help people with expensive cars now, but probably my point is if it is too expensive now to own then get a cheaper one.

i have a small family, me wife kid and dog so i dont need a big car. but we will become a bigger family if i end up neededing a larger car for that then i will try and find one that is the cheapest to own.

that aint gonna help people with expensive cars now, but probably my point is if it is too expensive now to own then get a cheaper one.

this rant can go on and on but theres one thing we all know and have to unite and stand against and thats the price of petrol in the uk, forget anywhere else, its the uk we'r on about, we'v been getting raped for years n years and its time to take some serious action, i mean come on, we are what, the most expensive place in the world for a gallon of fuel, that on its own is bad enough, i would see the point if we had the best paying wages in the world too to match the worlds highest fuel prices, but again, simply we dont, and the bit ive always found very very very wrong is that we are being raped with our uk government who choose to charge us £5.00 per gallon so that they can rape £4.50 of that gallon in "TAX", yes fookin 90% straight into the pockets of the government to do with as they please, and they do as they please, ilmao, fookin joke, init ???

So, i would say it would be fare if they reduced the fuel to say £4.00 a gallon, even that will still be one of the most expensive gallons in the world, but however, we know we cant take the price down too much or it would upset the whole worlds finances (not that i care,lol).

And the roadtax, well ive already repeatedy myself a few times on that, so youz know how i feel, iam penciling out a rough letter just now to be Sent next week to the PM.

Iam one for "people power", if we all stick together and protest, picket, riot, whatever it takes then we will get what we want in the end or close to it, i cant remember which country/s it was a while back that done just that and the people power worked, i cant remember what they were fighting for either (too much beer, lol), but by fook they protested, rioted, picketed etc etc and they'r government gave in to them, "thats the way it should man" !!!!!!!!!

your saying we should all start riots so we can drive zafiras cheaper? Dont be daft.

the way it is right now, if it is too expensive to drive one car an cheaper to drive another, drive the bloody cheaper car. no point starting a riot.

I then also pay over a grand a year for my car insurance and thats with 3 years no claims bonus :(

Tax - £180?
Insurance - £1000 +

Holy crap, what is the merc ? an AMG, or Barbus or what ? and with 3 years no claims. I thought we took it in the arse over here in N.I. for insurance. My insurance was actually renewed today for my Passat and with 3 years no claims I got mine down to £306. My first insurance, was for an old Proton 1.3, and the cheapest quote I got from a company over here was £1180, so I used a friends address from Romford and I got it for £640.

your saying we should all start riots so we can drive zafiras cheaper? Dont be daft.

the way it is right now, if it is too expensive to drive one car an cheaper to drive another, drive the bloody cheaper car. no point starting a riot.

Thats not the point, If you read the who thread you would relise that the point is the goverment are bending us over and riding us for money

Why

Because they can - and its out of order. This govment are getting millions and i dont see any evidence on them speading it on anything pruductive.

For instance : A town near me has just went though a million pound redevolopment, and its worse off now that what it was before! More traffic jams, More queues. The govment are out of control and they need to be stopped.

iam exzagerating a little obviously, but you know what iam meaning, and yes if it really came down to it i think people in this country have been raped so much that they cant take much more raping, so they could possibly end up rioting, thats what the government needs, a good fookin kickin.

Back