Road tax made easy

i have a transit on a 52 plate and cannot find anything on these

It's a bollocks system! It's bad enough as it is stinging the people with cars heavy on fuel with fuel costs but to base a tax system on emissions and have a Mazda RX8 in the same price band as a Ferrari F430 is ridiculous. The Ferrari puts out almost twice as much in emissions.

It seems like people are getting punished and bullied into driving gutless little hatchbacks.

this government needs to get their act together sooner than later, they wanna start looking after their own rather than other countries n giving themselfs huge pay rises each year

It's a bollocks system! It's bad enough as it is stinging the people with cars heavy on fuel with fuel costs but to base a tax system on emissions and have a Mazda RX8 in the same price band as a Ferrari F430 is ridiculous. The Ferrari puts out almost twice as much in emissions.

It seems like people are getting punished and bullied into driving gutless little hatchbacks.

How many average Joes own a ferrari?

But this is based on carbon emmissions so if ferrari can get it down surly a main stream company like mazda can do it ?

Well the Ferrari is 420mg and the Mazda is somewhere around 250mg, yet they get the same tax band. I consider that to be a significant difference in the emissions.

The Ferrari puts out about the same as the Mazda AND say a Ford Focus combined.

I can't see bringing the emissions down as a massive priority to Ferrari. They haven't reduced them much in the last 10 years anyway.

This thread is duplicating the one in the Rant Room from 'Witchy'
Incidently I posted the same link as Dutcho there.

Although that thread has turned into a rant about smoking and cancer for some obscure reason, you guessed it Karym is there. (no offence intended to him tho)

Not many but if they have enough money to buy one, they surely have more money to tax it than someone who owns an RX8!

The RX8 probably out numbers ferrari ownership by 10 to 1 at least.Most likely people who ferrari's aint got a problem with taxing them.
As a car the rx8 is probably at the top end of the current sports car emissions,hence the banding.
But in relation to the ferrari some things missing.

my m8 gave me his disable tax disk dont know how long i will get to keep it for

Back