RIP Bob Woolmer

boyz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.
The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.

He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

Pakistan team manager Pervez Mir confirmed: "Bob Woolmer has passed away and it is very shocking news to all of the team and the team mamangement."

Pakistan's preparations for the World Cup had been far from ideal.

Following the infamous forfeited Test against England at The Oval last summer, two of their leading fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, were suspended after failing doping tests.

The pair later saw those bans rescinded but missed the World Cup because of injury, something Woolmer admitted had hindered the team.

"There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides," he said after the defeat by Ireland.

The Pakistan team are scheduled to play their third match of the World Cup against Zimbabwe on Wednesday in Jamaica.

See BBC News
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe a link might be good

yeah just found it ;) better of being posted in Main Site News :)

Very Sad News, he had the hardest job in world cricket...

RIP

A sad premature tragic loss.....

I think he only played one test for England and because of that-the establishment never really considered him for the England coaching position in his later years.Wrong colour tie and all that....I may be wrong but wasnt he coach at Warwickshire when they had that purple patch in the nineties..?

How wrong the handlebar moustaches were- he proved his worth in charge of Sth Africa.....
......probably the best home grown coach England never had-taken the shine off the tournament for me....

RIP Bob Woolmer....

It is indeed sad news to hear the death of BW.He was a gentleman. He had the hardest job in the world. The Pakistani players were disgraceful. BW tried his best, but did not suceed thanks to the Pakistani players and the countrys cricket board who are nothing but a useless bunch of F......king ******s.

It is indeed a sad day and BW will be missed

Who done it?

The Pakistan captain looked guilty as fook, he gets my vote…

Back