Ring doorbells spying

Big Bro expanding its network. I reckon my whole journey to Tescos just to get morning milk has been caught in full and it could be made using stills into a flick book.
No best seller like

What will VPN prevent in terms of accessing Ring camera or audio?

I don't think you can do anything if amazon are sharing it with the police

well in terms of data protection you might be able to, but in terms of anything on your network stopping it - is impossible as its all cloud based anyway now.

Mick

It's a great way of protecting your property and when you sign up to the app the Police can check the footage if needed. The picture is very clear and the burglar is very easily identified. On saying that, the police will/can refuse to press charges if the thief had his face slightly covered or the image doesn't prove that they was trying to break into your property. It's cheap compared to my 4 camera system but bear in mind the ring is a front door safety device nothing else. So let's not moan about police spying on you after all you knew what you was buying at the time. I personally think its a good idea and it could reduce you home insurance premiums.

We've got a ring doorbell. It's pretty nifty tbf. Although it going off every few mins because of motion is annoying, but you can disable that.

Back