Ring door bell

I've had the Ring doorbell 2 for a few months now and pretty impressed with it Although noticing that quite a few delivery drivers haven't used it in the last few weeks.

If your going to get one, be aware that you will need to connect it to your WiFi network which was a problem for me as the WiFi signal from the main router (around 2 meters away) wasn't good enough for the Ring Doorbell and would result it it not connecting quite often. As i had a spare Netgear homeplug and SonicPoint access point i set these up in the hallway directly above our front door and the Ring doorbell now has a perfect connection to the WiFi.

I'd also recommend connecting it to your mains if possible instead of running off batteries as depending on what motion settings you use they can really eat the batteries up. I'm changing mine at least once a week at the moment which is easy enough and the Ring app on mobile devices does warn you when the battery needs charging / replacing.

Overall, i'm impressed with the quality of the Ring doorbell and ease to use it. Really handy to see / talk with visitors before i even get to the door or when not at home. Pretty good security device i think as records everything at the front of my house and saves it in the cloud as i pay £2.50 a month for them to save videos.

It was surprisingly easy to install too.

My brother has been looking for this type of camera but didn't want to pay the high price. He also wanted something that he could hook up to his NVR CCTV. He's just orderd a yoousee door bell for 57 quid including a USB dongle. Although I'm not interested in getting one myself i'd still be interested to see if its any good and thought I'd mention incase anyone is in the same boat as my bruv.

I have had one for a while now the pro version, they have a bad tendency for the button the break and a replacement button is not available, they expect you to buy another unit.

luckily if you pay the premium monthly cost of £8 for the recording etc it extends your warranty and they change free of charge.

just a note to be careful. They are good doorbells but costly for what they are.

They serve their purpose and I guess a lot of people like that they can see the cam on their phone and get push notifications. They are proprietary, so you have to use the ring service which means paying a monthly or annual fee. I wish they supported ONVIF so you could interface it into an NVR but they don't. I don't like any surveillance equipment utilizing WiFi, so when I do ring installs, I prefer to use the Ring Elite which can be hardwired over ethernet and comes with a POE injector. But yes they can be costly and their are cheaper alternatives, but pretty much Ring is the standard and most popular one in the doorbell cam market.

Although not ring ive got Eufy cameras so was looking at their doorbell. It locally stores on the hub so you dont need the monthly subs. With the camera you can also direct them to NVR but the doorbell im not sure about

Although not ring ive got Eufy cameras so was looking at their doorbell. It locally stores on the hub so you dont need the monthly subs. With the camera you can also direct them to NVR but the doorbell im not sure about
i have the door bell i must say im pretty impressed with it so ,althoe ive only just installed it .

apparantly going on fire in US

Back