Shamim007

New Member ++
Reaction score
Are ring door bell cams any good?

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the Ring doorbell 2 for a few months now and pretty impressed with it Although noticing that quite a few delivery drivers haven't used it in the last few weeks.

If your going to get one, be aware that you will need to connect it to your WiFi network which was a problem for me as the WiFi signal from the main router (around 2 meters away) wasn't good enough for the Ring Doorbell and would result it it not connecting quite often. As i had a spare Netgear homeplug and SonicPoint access point i set these up in the hallway directly above our front door and the Ring doorbell now has a perfect connection to the WiFi.

I'd also recommend connecting it to your mains if possible instead of running off batteries as depending on what motion settings you use they can really eat the batteries up. I'm changing mine at least once a week at the moment which is easy enough and the Ring app on mobile devices does warn you when the battery needs charging / replacing.

Overall, i'm impressed with the quality of the Ring doorbell and ease to use it. Really handy to see / talk with visitors before i even get to the door or when not at home. Pretty good security device i think as records everything at the front of my house and saves it in the cloud as i pay £2.50 a month for them to save videos.

It was surprisingly easy to install too.

TEST