Ricky Hatton shut up..

beany_123456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ricky Hatton has planned his future and there's no mention of Junior Witter. A fight that most of the British fans desperately want to see. Please read below:

Ricky Hatton says only Floyd Mayweather is likely to get him boxing back in Britain.

The Hitman has revealed that The Homecoming against Juan Lazcano will probably be his last on these shores before he sees out his career back in America.

But having held initial talks with the Pretty Boy about a rematch, Hatton says he would be looking for home advantage if it comes off - at Wembley Stadium.

"As far as fighting in England again, this could be my last fight," he told skysports.com. "But we'll have to wait and see.

Fantastic show

"I would love a rematch with Floyd. It's very easy to say that but first the key is to re-establish myself and get back to winning ways by putting on a fantastic show against Juan Lazcano, to show fight fans and critics that Ricky Hatton has got a lot more to offer.

"Maybe Floyd would like to come over here to England should I get past Lazcano and Malignaggi.

"He's done so much in his career so far, there's not really much more he can do. He's got his fight coming up against Oscar and if he were to beat Oscar, there really isn't anything more he can do.

"Maybe it appeals to Floyd to come and fight outside the United States for the first time and come across to England to fight me. I have no doubt that for Floyd Mayweather, a fight in England could get 100,000 people, probably at Wembley Stadium.

"Floyd is wanting to build his fanbase, his popularity and appeal to the people and I think he would go right up in people's estimations if he came over to fight me in my backyards - like I fought him in his backyard.

"If his profile can go any higher, he would get plenty of fans if he could do that, so it's a possibility, fighting in England."

Mayweather first has to come through another rematch, this time with Oscar de la Hoya who, as Lazcano's promoter, will be flying into Manchester for the fight next week.

Golden Boy Promotions have also signed Hatton on a three-fight deal - after this one - and chief executive Richard Schaeffer admits that Hatton is now big box office in the States.

The Mayweather fight did exceptionally well on pay-per-view and with three more fights to come on HBO, including a likely New York showdown with Paulie Malignaggi, America's gain is likely to be Britain's loss.

Entertained

"The fans know that when Ricky Hatton is going to enter the ring, they're going to get entertained, get their money's worth and have one heck of an exciting fight," Schaeffer told skysports.com.

"The fact is, fight fans might have heard about Ricky, but with the 24/7 shows (screened on HBO and Sky Sports) and then his performance against Floyd, he really has captured the hearts of American fight fans and sports fans period.

"I have no doubt Ricky Hatton today is bigger than he was before and more appreciated and loved over here in the United States and around the world.

"The American fight fans can't wait to see him live on Versus (who are screening the fight in America) and then hopefully in the Fall, back here in the United States.

"That is a testament to Ricky. No other fighter even comes close to selling 55,000 tickets for a fight."

Please shut up Ricky and stop dodging Junior Witter. You want to give something to your fans then FIGHT Witter...

I know Witter lost his last fight to Bradley but it was like Witter never showed up. A fight he should have won. This hasn't helped his pursuit of fighting Hatton but has helped Hatton to think of some new excuses..
Rumours are that Witter is close to signing a re-match with Bradley for the WBC and if this is true then i think he'll win convincingly....

Junior Witter have a word fella, not in the same league after Witters last performance.

ricky hatton would beat junior witter without a doubt. he aint fighting witter cos he has got bigger fights to fight nowi.e like oscar delahoya. floyd mayweather. (big paydays).he aint bothered about fighting no small timer. cum on hatton 24th may 2008. i know you will make us proud. boxing isn't just about britaian its about fighting around the world and the best boxers and witter just doesn't come into the catergory as he proved the other night..

Bradley will most likely agree terms with Witter for a re-match... Witter should easily win if he turns up.

Looking at the fight Bradley vs Witter, minus the knockout on the 6th round Witter won on all my cards...

Also, Witter beating Bradley comfortably in America will allow Witter to expand his fan base... HBO will be looking closely too.....

Hatton normally fights bums apart from FLOYD, so if he thinks Witters nothing then why not fight him?????

Witter has blown any chance of fighting hatton after his last performance. He was terrible, and looked all his 34 years of age. He was schooled, by someone who is very very raw as a boxer. Witter is the one that should shut up, and go away quietly, as he does not have the tools to even worry hatton.

Why should hatton take a fight with a non champion, or a person who would not add to his reputation? That is why witter wants to fight, to add to his own reputation.

Witter should go away quietly, and retire.

Bradley will most likely agree terms with Witter for a re-match... Witter should easily win if he turns up.

Looking at the fight Bradley vs Witter, minus the knockout on the 6th round Witter won on all my cards...

Also, Witter beating Bradley comfortably in America will allow Witter to expand his fan base... HBO will be looking closely too.....

Hatton normally fights bums apart from FLOYD, so if he thinks Witters nothing then why not fight him?????

Dont know what fight you was watching mate but the one i saw Witter was a waste of space no flair no imagination no nothing to be honest.

Ricky Hatton has planned his future and there's no mention of Junior Witter. A fight that most of the British fans desperately want to see...

yeah this once WAS a fight that most brit boxing fans wanted to see - I used to slate Hatton for ducking Witter but nowadays I've mellowed and after seeing Junior's poor showing the other night, there aint EVER gonna be a Hatton vs Witter anyway so we might as well just move on.

Hatton's fight next week is just an excuse for a big hometown celebration so I dont really count it as a proper contest but a Hatton Malignaggi fight would be a much much more interesting... 2 good contrasting styles.

(BTW really NOT interested in seeing Hatton Mayweather rematched - the only opponents I wanna see Mayweather go in with are Cotto, Cotto, Cotto and Cotto - nobody else!!!)

Is that the same HBO that signed Naseem Hamed for $5M? LOL Doh HBO Dont know $hit about boxing.

Judging by your statements you know nut ting about boxing.

Back