Returns Policy at Aldi

Altone

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have bought numerous electrical items recently from Aldi, some good, some bad. The bad ones I have always taken back and they have honoured their 12months returns policy.
A friend bought a card reader recently, had it a couple of months, it went faulty, so he took it back for either a replacement or a refund, and was refused either a replacement or a refund. He was told he had to send it back to the supplier. When he queried this with the store manager he was told that " Sony had now bought out Aldi and the returns policy was now just thirty days"
This seems to me such a load of tosh, I wonder if anyone can throw any further light on the Sony takeover or the thirty day returns policy.
If either are true, that's me finished with Aldi, no more Tevion and Medion rubbish in future.

Sale of goods act applies. It's up to Aldi to sort the problem out. Threaten with legal action.

Complain to aldi, or just get a warranty replacement.

Your contract is with Aldi. Sale of Goods Act applies. Any fault within 6 mths is deemed to be inherrent unless the retailer can show otherwise.

I'm more suprised by the fact that SONY bought a budget German food retailer!?!

lol

I've done a Google search and a few news sites including newsnow.co.uk (which I think is very good) and couldn't find anything on a takeover.

Thanks for all the replies.

I did a Google search also last night and couldn't find anything regarding a takeover of Aldi by Sony, so I think that was just a bit of bulls*** from the store manager.
The item in question only cost about £7 so I doubt if my friend will take it any further, but it has made me wonder about any future purchases from Aldi. I shall certainly inquire before buying what actually is their refund policy.
I searched Aldi's web site for any mention of what their returns policy was, and couldn't find any information about it at all.
It's a pity really, because I always reckoned their returns policy to be amongst the most honest.

I was told at my local store that returned faulty,new product or refund in the first year
if 3 year warentee the first year as above year 2/3 is returned for repair

the policy has changed
all goods have a 3 yr warrenty
but only a return to base for 30 days
when u purchase this they give u a warrenty folder with this on so if u except the goods with this warrenty u cannot take it back because u have agreed to the contract

the policy has changed
all goods have a 3 yr warrenty
but only a return to base for 30 days
when u purchase this they give u a warrenty folder with this on so if u except the goods with this warrenty u cannot take it back because u have agreed to the contract

The T and Cs of any warranty cannot over-ride the terms of the Sale of Goods Act. To do so would be unlawful on the part of the retailer. Your statutory rights allow you to return faulty goods within certain timescales to the place of purchase cos that's who your contract is with.

The T and Cs of any warranty cannot over-ride the terms of the Sale of Goods Act. To do so would be unlawful on the part of the retailer. Your statutory rights allow you to return faulty goods within certain timescales to the place of purchase cos that's who your contract is with.

That's it in a nutshell. No amount of bullshit can override the law of the land.

Back